Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2012, 05:04 AM   #1
jimswife182

water damage from unknown source

We have a rotten floor in the kitchen area. We have been told by Midstate Rv and the insurance company that the hose from the refrigerator was rotten and broken off and not stuck outside the vent, so it was leaking in to the fifth wheel. If this was the case, wouldnt there be water damage to the wood that the hose was leaking onto instead of everywhere else? I called Keystone and talked to a tech who told me that even though the dealership told us all we had to do was load the camper and we were ready camp, I should have noticed that all the other campers in the campgound had hoses sticking out of their rv's. I told him I was not concerned with investigating others rv's and I was not told that we had to check for this, to which he replied 'do we have to tell you to empty your dump tank (bathroom waste water)?' Well, it is NOT a leak from the refrigerator but we cant find it, and that is just ONE of the problems we have with this unit. (formaldyhyde smell, cabinet doors coming apart...) any ideas? We have hooked up a new hose and are letting it off into a bucket and so far....no water....
jimswife182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
SAABDOCTOR

well that'a a fairly poor replyon the techs part.i guess my replay would be is it in the owners manual? but i follow your logic about the wood in the wall. i guess i would remove all that i can draws etc and get a good flash light and watch what happens in the rain. or did i mess up and the leak is now gone now that the hose was fixed? sorry customers are coming at me from everywhere today i have been tring to write this for 3 hours. any info you can furnish will help. hanks list is a good one but that is now! didn't know it was dealer policy that you must scope out the other campers to see what you must do hope all works out for you.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote