Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
hitchikerman

fender skirts

I did not like the way my fender skirts looked on my fifth wheel so I took a tube of white caulking and sealed along the top of the skirt and to my surprise what a difference it made in the apperance...hope it holds up
hitchikerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
Charli

I waqs driving down the highway last summer and checked my sideview mirrors and noticed my fender skirt flapping in the wind. Pulled over and found that the road vibration had caused a number of the screws holding the skirts to the sidewall to come loose and a couple were missing. This spring I will either be replacing the screws with bolts and lock nuts or apply caulking to keep them from vibrating loose.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #3
trucker LOU

Hi all, the fender skirts on my springdale were kinda floppy, made some braces from frame outrigger down to lower part of fender. just 1/8x1 alum. strap twisted and bent to fit with a few screws& bolts. firmed things up real well.__Lou--
trucker LOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
kschitoskey

Loose fender skirts

I've owned 2 cougars and they both had areas around the fender skirts that flapped in the breeze at freeway speeds. I secured them with safety wire to the adjuster bolts. I drilled a small hole in the sheetmetal next to the adjuster bolt and secured with wire. Works great.

06 Dodge Cummins 2500 Mega Cab, B&W Companion, Pac Brake air bags.
kschitoskey is offline   Reply With Quote