Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2021, 02:31 PM   #1
notanlines

A familiar sight...

I see this 'old timer' feed these cats milk and a little food EVERY morning by the hospital in Okeechobee. Two of the three are waiting for him by the mailbox and the third one sneaks out after he gets there. Sometimes it's the little things in life that make it all worth while.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5313[9640].jpg
Views:	69
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	35105  
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:54 PM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I see this 'old timer' feed these cats milk and a little food EVERY morning by the hospital in Okeechobee. Two of the three are waiting for him by the mailbox and the third one sneaks out after he gets there. Sometimes it's the little things in life that make it all worth while.
I agree…..my FIL when he was alive used to go to McDonald’s in the morning with his little dog and they would give the dog a sausage patty and he’d get a coffee.then he’d come home and work on the most interesting projects and mechanical builds…used to love hanging out with him and wish I had 10 minutes to ask him a few questions I never got a chance to. He was a genius…some of his machinery has been tough to figure out the secrets . He went to a lot of auctions I have a whole wood shop/machine shop at my disposal thanks to him.

For me
my slower paced life is much more fulfilling then the years I spent chasing thrills and excitement….drinking coffee in the morning with the birds chirping outside is what starts my day off on a good note..spending time with my family during the day and then sitting on my deck watching the sun go down in the evening is a good ending. If those three things happen I’ve had a great day no matter what else is happening in the world.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:31 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

When I was younger and would get upset about something, whether it was an "important something" or just "me being upset about most anything", my Dad would always ask me the same question. He'd ask, "Boy, what was making your life miserable on this day last year?" I'd always have to respond with, "I don't know, why?"... After a couple of times hearing that question, it dawned on me what he was really saying.....

I'd suppose, if you ask the gentleman in the wheelchair in post #1 what he was worried about this date last year, he'd likely respond with, "Making sure my friends here have their treat and that we share these few minutes together."... We all need a "kinder and gentler soul" in our lives. I'd suspect about now, my Dad would suggest trying to be that person for someone we care about....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 04:55 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Thanks Jim. To this day DW tells me constantly I am too intense despite decades now of trying to be "unintense". Posts like those here are sure nice and a mindset I aspire to.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:48 PM   #5
roadglide

I have a feral kitten named Butthead. I feed it while I was home last year. I came home from Florida this year butthead had 4 very small kittens . I fed them once a day. Our entertainment for the evening was seeing the kittens play and getting winged from mama and Learning how to hunt and survive.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote