Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
bwetmore

326MKS Bathroom Slideout

Anyone know where to access the manual slide out mechanism?
Anyone had any water leakage problems with this slideout?
bwetmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
chuckretnav

326MKS Linen slide

Im not familer with the 326 I have the 327 but maybe this will help you to look around because this is what I found on my 327, first I don't have a linen slide in the bathroom, but my two slides (Living room and kitchen etc) are under the trailer where you have to go into a acess panel (not labled) and that is where those are at. One on each side. My bedroom is under the bed itself and I have to remove the mattres then take off a sheet of plywood about a 4 x 4 then I can find the slide for the bedroom. So for your Linen slide look directly under the trailer for a access panel that was cut into underside of the of the trailer. If none thier then look at the Linen cabinet itself and perhaps you have a panel thier that can be removed with a screwdriver and the motor will be behind that. Hope that helps some. The books that come with Keystone are very vague and genric as if they where a after thought just so they can say they gave you some.
chuckretnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
W5WI

I just purchased a Cougar 326 MKS. My first questions to the dealership when we were getting the orientation tour was where are the manual opening and closing mechanisms for the slides.

The bathroom slide is a cable slide. You can access the mechanism which uses a flex shaft to manually open and close the slide at the top of the slide. Look behind the cornice at the top of the slide and you will see the cables, slide motor and the flexible shaft. The flexible shaft will be nylon tied to the slide motor.

Good Luck!
2017 Ford F-250 4X4 CC 6.7 diesel

W5WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
speedster

Leaky bathroom slide

Yes our 326mks bathroom slide has had a leak since day one...................

It's a 2010, had it back twice now to the dealer with no luck still leaking. I think it is because there is no rubber seal on the bottom of the slide ?

Any others with the leaking problem ? There was a big puddle yesterday morning after a rain .........

Grrr
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
CdnSailor

We have had no leaks with the exception of one under the bathroom sink. There is a relief valve for the black water sprayer there. Ours started to drip quite extensively for some reason. Thank goodness there was a RV service man next door at our neighbours RV. He said they were garbage, especially placing it in the bathroom. If it ever let go you would damage the bathroom with all the water.
Anyway, he removed it and placed an elbow in its place to allow the flow through.

On a side note if you did not see my thread on your cables. If you get a chance, replace all the crap screws holding the bracket to the slide with stainless steel ones. We have had one break off already and then found out that numerous screws on the other three had broken off as well.

2009 Chevrolet Silveraldo 2500HD Diesel Duramax 6.6 V-8 Crewcab
2010 Cougar 5th Wheel 326MKS
Shelties - Tanner, Ashley and Zoey
CdnSailor is offline   Reply With Quote