Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2010, 06:01 AM   #1
gascan

Keystone Montana - installing review camera

Hello all. I want to install a review camera on the back of my Montana 3400RL. Any ideas on how to get power and video cable from the top of the rear cap down to the bottom of the RV so I can run the cables up to the front?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 08-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
sloopdog 1

Save all that work and get a wireless camera and monitor from one of the automotive parts stores.Autozone, Advance auto, O,rielleys,all have them.
sloopdog 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
caberto

I've thought about this as well... and if I were to do it, it would be wireless... perhaps a little more expensive, not sure? But I think it's well worth not having the install hassle, maintenance and hassle of hooking it up each time... plus - no ugly wires :-)
caberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
dilligaf1

wireless vs hardwired

I tryed the wireless cameras 2 years ago on a 37 ft class A and it was awful. Line of sight, the range in reality is about 100 ft. Trying to pass that signal through a couple of walls, and the range was about 20 ft. Add a truck cab and you will be disappointed.
Hardwired my Raptor 3 weeks ago and it is great. I wired the cables against the underbelly and up through plastic moulding to the top of the Raptor. You really don't see it unless you are looking hard. Look at Rear View Safety website.
One other issue with wireless, it DOES pickup every house along the way who has wireless security cameras on. Does add a bit of entertainment along the trip.
dilligaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote