Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
kenn209

No 12VDC Power

Hello All,

Just got back from a great weekend of camping, When packing up I was getting ready to hitch up, The wife had already cut the power at the box, So when I went to raise up the landing gear nothing.... So I check inside no power to lights, Fridge was out.... Check battery with meter read around 13.4 volts. So that was good. Plugged camper back, Was able to finish hooking up and made it home. Checked all breakes on the converter, they are all good. looked at fuses in front and inside they all looked ok...

Any ideas what's causing this?
kenn209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

I,m pretty sure there is a fusible link on the pos. battery cable but not certain or the connection between the battery and converter has loosened somehow. I would first check the connection block closest to the battery in the storage compartment. I am surprised that you were able to bring in your slides without the battery in the circuit.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
kenn209

Okay this was an easy one. I think my eyes couldn't see the issue cause I was looking for something more involved... Anyway the wire for the positive side of the battery had come disconnected from the electrical tape the dealer used to hook it to the terminal plug (not sure what those are called), And it was sitting on top of the tape, to my eyes it looked fine... Oh well all is fixed and working fine now thanks!!
kenn209 is offline   Reply With Quote