Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2021, 03:50 PM   #21
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brgmgb View Post
Hmmm…The camper is wired for the Furrion WiFi but did not come with the router. I’ll have to check the connections at the plate.

UPDATE….

My no contact tester does not pick up low voltage so I had to use a test light and multimeter.

I pulled the Furrion WiFi baseplate and it appears that no 12v power is going to the unit no matter the switch position (the camper is not plugged in).

I removed the panel in the cabinet. There is power to the pink/white wire when the switch is on. I gently tugged on the wire and could hear it in the ceiling, but even when moving other wires in the hole, the pink/white wire pair seemed to be attached or caught on something.

I am leaning toward the theory that the switch was intended to control an outside light that Keystone eliminated. I may disconnect that wire pair and run my own wire through the wall to add an outside light.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I had not considered the WiFi but now know that is not it. However, if you know the switch controls something none of us have thought of, please let me know what it is.
There should be a plate on the ceiling directly under the antenna on the roof. That is where the Gateway/router would be mounted if you choose to install it.. if I had to guess the wire will be attached to that plate.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 04:28 PM   #22
brgmgb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
There should be a plate on the ceiling directly under the antenna on the roof. That is where the Gateway/router would be mounted if you choose to install it.. if I had to guess the wire will be attached to that plate.
I pulled that plate. The wires attaching to it looked like CAT5 cable. Two black sheaths with multiple thin wires attaching to the plate. I did not pay attention to the colors. Through the hole I could see green/white and other wires, but I did not see a pink/white wire.

Sorry for the bad photo. I used one from the other day. The white box in the background is the WiFi baseplate. It has a cover where the router would go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8D7DF8B4-CA65-47E6-9E21-159A978A5CA7.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	35110  
brgmgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:24 AM   #23
Cibol

Hi We just purchased a 2020 ( used 2 times) On our panel we also had a "mystery" switch and have discovered it is to the blue lights inside the "outside" speakers? Hard to see in the daylight. Do you have outdoor speakers?
Cibol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 10:22 AM   #24
curtiscapk

I'll check my 2021 this weekend.
2013 F150 5.0 2WD
Equalizer 4 WDH
Overland Park, KS
curtiscapk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 06:28 PM   #25
brgmgb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibol View Post
Hi We just purchased a 2020 ( used 2 times) On our panel we also had a "mystery" switch and have discovered it is to the blue lights inside the "outside" speakers? Hard to see in the daylight. Do you have outdoor speakers?
Good suggestion, but I do not see any lights in the speakers. I went out tonight and flipped the switch. I didn’t see any lights come on inside or out.

I have attached a photo of the speakers.

I bought a contactless tester for low voltage wires. There are too many live 12v wires in the ceiling for me to track where the wires from the switch go.

I am planning to disconnect the mystery wires (just in case we find they go to something important) and run new wires from the switch to an amber porch light. The awning LED strip light is too bright to leave on all night. I’ll put the light in the same location as the earlier years.

One last thing, the Furrion WiFi base plate receives constant 12v power, so the switch does not seem to control it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CFC3BA26-38A7-4599-9939-5381F1A045FA.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	35389  
2019 Keystone Hideout 178LHS
Old 08-28-2021, 11:28 AM   #26
jaw6nh

Answer

I figured out this same question last week.

The switch operates the awning power bar attachment.

For my camper the awning comes with the power bar located on the rear side (of camper) awning which you can add Bluetooth speakers, fan, and spotlight etc…. when powered on the switch enables the power to the strip.

Let me know if this s answers your question…
jaw6nh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 02:24 PM   #27
brgmgb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw6nh View Post
I figured out this same question last week.

The switch operates the awning power bar attachment.

For my camper the awning comes with the power bar located on the rear side (of camper) awning which you can add Bluetooth speakers, fan, and spotlight etc…. when powered on the switch enables the power to the strip.

Let me know if this s answers your question…
THANK YOU!!! That’s it! When you mentioned the Bluetooth speaker, I remembered that there was a speaker in a box in one of the cabinets. I just looked at it for the first time. The installed radio has Bluetooth and I assumed the speaker was a battery/rechargeable speaker.

After seeing the pins and your description of the rear awning, I tried the groove in the pole, flipped the switch, and was able to connect. When I flipped the switch off, the music stopped. Mystery solved!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	D1408F8F-2232-41D8-A01F-5EFD88D40D3E.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	35485  
2019 Keystone Hideout 178LHS
Old 08-28-2021, 03:21 PM   #28
jaw6nh

Quote:
Originally Posted by brgmgb View Post
THANK YOU!!! That’s it! When you mentioned the Bluetooth speaker, I remembered that there was a speaker in a box in one of the cabinets. I just looked at it for the first time. The installed radio has Bluetooth and I assumed the speaker was a battery/rechargeable speaker.

After seeing the pins and your description of the rear awning, I tried the groove in the pole, flipped the switch, and was able to connect. When I flipped the switch off, the music stopped. Mystery solved!
Happy to help. We just purchased our camper last week so I’m in the process of learning the details as well!!
Old 08-28-2021, 03:25 PM   #29
jasin1

It bothered me so I’m glad you figured it out
Old 08-28-2021, 03:31 PM   #30
jaw6nh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
It bothered me so I’m glad you figured it out
I joined the site today just to respond to your post.

Happy camping!!!

We do out first trip next weekend. ( �� )

Tags
hideout