Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2021, 01:59 PM   #1
Fishsizzle

Westlake Tires

The new 5ver has 17.5 Westlake tires. I assume Chinese. Anyone have experience with them? I have no big trips planned with it, so not a big deal other than curiosity
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 04:04 PM   #2
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsizzle View Post
The new 5ver has 17.5 Westlake tires. I assume Chinese. Anyone have experience with them? I have no big trips planned with it, so not a big deal other than curiosity
My Momentum 394M came with the Westlake "G" range tires and they have been an excellent tire. Mostly the "E" rated Westlakes are the one that have had the issues with blowouts and tread separations. I've read quite a few time about guys with the G rated one like mine going 20+ thousand miles with zero issues. Mine presently have about 5500 on them and we are getting ready to take a trip out west and by the time we get back home, there will be another approx. 5,000 miles on them.

I have heard of or read anything about the 17.5" Westlakes, so no help there, but if they are like the G rated tires, they will be good ones for you.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 04:21 PM   #3
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
My Momentum 394M came with the Westlake "G" range tires and they have been an excellent tire. Mostly the "E" rated Westlakes are the one that have had the issues with blowouts and tread separations. I've read quite a few time about guys with the G rated one like mine going 20+ thousand miles with zero issues. Mine presently have about 5500 on them and we are getting ready to take a trip out west and by the time we get back home, there will be another approx. 5,000 miles on them.

I have heard of or read anything about the 17.5" Westlakes, so no help there, but if they are like the G rated tires, they will be good ones for you.
Great! Thanks!
Old 08-21-2021, 10:17 PM   #4
CWtheMan

Look at your vehicle certification label. I feel certain your 17.5" tires are plus sized from the original size?

If they have been plus sized, you have some procedures to follow to insure they are in compliance with the vehicle's federal certification label.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 05:27 AM   #5
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
Look at your vehicle certification label. I feel certain your 17.5" tires are plus sized from the original size?

If they have been plus sized, you have some procedures to follow to insure they are in compliance with the vehicle's federal certification label.
Yeah new trailer isn’t a Keystone. The 17.5 wheels/tires are standard along with 8k axles
Old 08-22-2021, 07:18 AM   #6
CWtheMan

Quote:
Yeah new trailer isn’t a Keystone. The 17.5 wheels/tires are standard along with 8k axles
Okay, I was using specs from your 3661 Alpine.

https://www.lionsheadtireandwheel.co...mmercial-Tires
Old 08-22-2021, 08:05 AM   #7
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Okay, I was using specs from your 3661 Alpine.

https://www.lionsheadtireandwheel.co...mmercial-Tires
No worries, we are putting the Alpine up for sale. Picked up a VanLeigh to full time in for a few years. The Alpine was more set up for vacationing.

Here’s the tag on the VanLeigh for reference, and yes, we are not towing it around and will be picking up a F450 in the future. We use our Motorhome for travelz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6E0C5317-842C-462A-8155-6DBBE4E36C2E.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	35363  
Old 08-22-2021, 09:51 AM   #8
CWtheMan

Quote:
No worries, we are putting the Alpine up for sale. Picked up a VanLeigh to full time in for a few years. The Alpine was more set up for vacationing.

Here’s the tag on the VanLeigh for reference, and yes, we are not towing it around and will be picking up a F450 in the future. We use our Motorhome for travelz
Thats not the certification label.

Did you add the 17.5" option? It could be the RVIA recommendation could not be met with the 16" LRG. The vehicle certification label will provide that information.

These specs say LRG.

https://www.rvusa.com/2021-vanleigh-...-wheel-3149985
Old 08-22-2021, 10:10 AM   #9
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Thats not the certification label.

Did you add the 17.5" option? It could be the RVIA recommendation could not be met with the 16" LRG. The vehicle certification label will provide that information.

These specs say LRG.

https://www.rvusa.com/2021-vanleigh-...-wheel-3149985

I guess I’m not following what your after. It’s what came on the 5vr. It’s. 2022 if you are looking at specs
Old 08-22-2021, 11:38 PM   #10
CWtheMan

Quote:
I guess I’m not following what your after. It’s what came on the 5vr. It’s. 2022 if you are looking at specs
The PIX below shows a typical certification label (top) and tire load label (bottom). For all RV trailers the certification label is found on the left forward external section of the trailer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E6D4C2DB-E3F6-4C7C-9B57-41D434EC71DC.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	35376

Tags
tires