Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2021, 09:05 PM   #41
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWRiley View Post
I agree 100%, and I will admit to towing more than I should have in my 1st years of towing. I just thought "Hey - it's under the Max Trailer Weight so I must be good". I had no idea there was much more to it. I bet a lot of us are guilty of same at 1 time or another.

I wish there was some sort of document/disclosure that RV dealers were required to complete (and present to buyers) that spelled out the weights of the RV, and the capabilities of the TV needed to tow it. Right now, unsuspecting newbies (I was once one myself) rely on the RV dealer's advice, which of course, is usually bad because they don't have to take responsibility if it's wrong. I'm not a big fan of Law Suits, but until it costs a couple of RV dealers some serious cash (or maybe even their business) for dealing out irresponsible information, it won't change.
Before that can or could happen everyone, starting with the GM, at every dealership would need to be trained what numbers to use, where to find those numbers on the rv & tow vehicle & how to accurately calculate those numbers. If I were to bet I'd bet that the vast majority of rv salesmen have never spent the night in anything they sell nor so much as towed one around the block yet those have gotten into a bad situation come on here & get PO'd to find out they've got too much rv with too little tv then shout "weight police" or "idiots" when getting factual information from those with years of experience.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, tow, towing