Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2021, 03:42 PM   #61
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
The millennial generation seem to believe all vaccinations are totally unnecessary!
We get our second Moderns shot this Friday & expect to be down a day or 2, if we're not that's a plus.
We've got a couple of nieces/nephews in that same generation that feel like that. Something about, "Did you know the preservatives in those vaccines can cause autism..." When I told them that the preservative (thimerosal) is the same preservative that is in the eye drops they use with their contacts... You could have heard a pin drop.... Oh well.

Let us know how you do after the second injection. Just curious about the side affects.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:55 AM   #62
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
We've got a couple of nieces/nephews in that same generation that feel like that. Something about, "Did you know the preservatives in those vaccines can cause autism..." When I told them that the preservative (thimerosal) is the same preservative that is in the eye drops they use with their contacts... You could have heard a pin drop.... Oh well.

Let us know how you do after the second injection. Just curious about the side affects.
Lots of misinformation out there. We have a nephew with autism and the parents are convinced it was the MMR immunization. They said it wasn't shaken enough and the mercury wasn't blended well enough.

I get my second shot (Pfizer) next Thursday. Don't anticipate any problems, had no issue with the first round.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:21 AM   #63
LewisB

We had our second round of the Moderna vaccine a week ago. The DW had absolutely no reaction. I thought (for about 10 hours) I was going to escape any reaction - then I spiked a 101 fever that lasted about 24 hours. Chills, aches, felt horrible; all the reported stuff. Then gone. No big deal.

It's great! Now, back to church, begin having our Sunday night home group, etc. We feel like life has been on hold for a year - can't wait to get back to doing stuff.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:22 AM   #64
Morotcycle Todd

Mass vaccination with the mRNA covid vaccine has the potential to create super covid strains similar to the way overuse of anti-biotics in hospitals created antibiotic resistant superbugs.

mRNA injections aren't technically a vaccination. They are gene therapy and the experts all admit it only lessens the symptoms and has little to no effect on transmission or infection. No scientific basis that those who are low risk should get the injections.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-03-...ronavirus.html
Morotcycle Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:27 AM   #65
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Lots of misinformation out there. We have a nephew with autism and the parents are convinced it was the MMR immunization. They said it wasn't shaken enough and the mercury wasn't blended well enough.
Absolutely! Some of the "news" sources are almost laughable!
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:49 AM   #66
BrooksFam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksFam View Post
We get our second shot tomorrow and expect to be down for the count on Friday. Everyone we know personally that has had the second shot (~12) had mild effects the next day so we expect the same.
Well, second shots done and virtually no side effects for either of us other than shot site soreness. Happy (and surprised) to not have side effects.
EAZ-Lift Recurve R3 #1200

BrooksFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:59 AM   #67
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
Absolutely! Some of the "news" sources are almost laughable!
The world renowned expert is a DVM (Doctor of Vet Medicine)?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 12:11 PM   #68
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
<snip>
John

Within my family the side effects are all over the map. Everyone in the family has so far had Moderna, but Pfizer is making inroads with those now getting their shots.

My wife and I had our socks knocked off a few hours after the second injection (no issues with the first except a slightly sore arm). We both had nausea, dizziness, lethargy and a fever, all starting several hours after the shot. it only lasted about a day. My DW said if that's a small taste of what the Real McCoy would feel like, no thank you!

My folks (90.75 and 88.5) had no issues whatsoever. Other family members either had symptoms similar to us, just a sore arm or nothing at all. It seems hard to predict who will experience what.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 01:57 PM   #69
notanlines

I'm curious how many would have side effects if they hadn't been hanging out on Facebook.
And as far as autism, the most common theory among the medical community is genetics lead the race. Parents certainly don't want to blame their own genetics so heading to the anti-vac side seems the socially acceptable thing to do. Joining the flat-earthers will come next.
There are those out here is the world with half a brain or more and they're getting vaccinated. Then there are those who are simply scared of shots and they're hiding behind anything they can. Then there are those....well, you can answer the rest of that yourself.
In our travels in Florida we see all sides. The vast majority are wearing masks, some are on the 'macho' side and refusing. As usual, some will become part of the problem and some will be part of the solution.
If you're scared, say you're scared.....from 'The Super"
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:15 PM   #70
Badbart56

The wife and I both got this Chinese virus in December. I had chills, didn't feel good for about a week. The wife didn't feel good but no chills. She recovered sooner than I did. However, one thing that has remained is that our sense of smell is greatly diminished. No vaccines for us, but we don't do flu shots either.

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 03:37 PM   #71
Greg58

It’s been a week now since I got the J&J vaccine, I had a slight headache last Wednesday morning and that was it.
Greg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 04:55 PM   #72
flybouy
Site Team

There's a reason the military make you take vacines before going overseas. They work. Horrid deseases that have for all purposes been eradicated like small pox, polio, yellow fever, mumps, rubella etc. Read up on the terrible suffering these diseases have inflicted anjd for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would not want to eliminate or greatly reduce the odds of contracting them.

And then there are some people that don't want "those chemicals in my bhody" while they toke on a cigarette, eat processed foods and wash it all down with an energy drink. Thankfully we live in a country that still let's us make those choices.

JMHO YMMV
Old 03-20-2021, 05:28 PM   #73
Badbart56

Quote:
There's a reason the military make you take vacines before going overseas. They work. Horrid deseases that have for all purposes been eradicated like small pox, polio, yellow fever, mumps, rubella etc. Read up on the terrible suffering these diseases have inflicted anjd for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would not want to eliminate or greatly reduce the odds of contracting them.

And then there are some people that don't want "those chemicals in my bhody" while they toke on a cigarette, eat processed foods and wash it all down with an energy drink. Thankfully we live in a country that still let's us make those choices.

JMHO YMMV
FYI, I have two sons on active duty, one overseas. Military says getting the Covid vaccination is their choice.

2010 FZ 405

Old 03-20-2021, 06:04 PM   #74
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbart56 View Post
FYI, I have two sons on active duty, one overseas. Military says getting the Covid vaccination is their choice.
I didn't say they are forced to take the Covid vacine.
Old 03-20-2021, 07:05 PM   #75
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Under current law, military are not required to take vaccinations which are not "fully approved". The Covid vaccines from all manufacturers are currently being administered under an "emergency authorization". Once the "full authorization is approved, then the military will be required to accept the vaccine, just as all other vaccinations are "required for military service"...

At a congressional hearing last week, the Deputy Director of Operations, Major General Taliaferro said that about 1/3 of those offered vaccination were turning it down. That mirrors the general population (as expected). Remarks were made by congressional members that with the various strains becoming more contagious, they may consider changing the law to require the vaccination even though it is not fully approved.

Time will tell, I suppose.

The last thing we need is to deploy the military to fight a war and have the enemy "fly a drone over the battlefield and spread COVID over the troops as they arrive prepared to fight".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 07:34 AM   #76
Badbart56

Quote:
There's a reason the military make you take vacines before going overseas.
I must have interpreted it wrong.....

2010 FZ 405

Old 03-21-2021, 09:02 AM   #77
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
I must have interpreted it wrong.....
Perhaps I wasn't sufficiantly expliciate but I thought it was evident thyat I was making a generalization on the use of vacinnes and not being specific that the require the Covid-19 vaccine, yet.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:32 AM   #78
jasin1

Latest iPhone update ...it can “alert” you if your at risk of contracting covid due to your location...I guess they go by the local towns daily counts?
Edit: apparently it’s been out for awhile and I never noticed it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C72E140F-23A4-42CA-8CF0-DAB80605618A.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	32630  
Old 03-24-2021, 08:36 AM   #79
roadglide

My cousin bought iPhone with the Covid tracking app she couldn’t remove the app but she was able to turn off the Alarm and app when she got close to covid.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:02 PM   #80
Sarge2

Quote:
The wife and I both got this Chinese virus in December. I had chills, didn't feel good for about a week. The wife didn't feel good but no chills. She recovered sooner than I did. However, one thing that has remained is that our sense of smell is greatly diminished. No vaccines for us, but we don't do flu shots either.
Both my wife and I got Covid last July.. had no symptoms at all.. we considered getting the vaccine but had our Dr test us for the antibodies... we both are Active with antibodies.. so their thoughts that antibodies don't last were wrong too... Dr. says unless they come up with another vaccine that handles the other strains out there not to get them.. I have gotten sick the next day both times I've gotten the flu vaccines sick with flu like symptoms for 4 days both times..... so I don't get them..Dr. doesn't understand why I got sick...
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote