Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
injoying life

Wink Missing Insulation

Would like to make others aware of our dealings with Keystone since our purchase of 318 SAB Cougar 2009. When taking delivery of our unit in April 2009 we found a knife cut on the one slide out located near graphics. Approval of repair was prompt from Keystone and repair by dealership was quickly done. Returning home from Florida the first part of April with 2 days left of warranty noticed delamination below window on slide out. Phone call to dealership got issue recorded to Keystone before warranty was up. Dropped trailer off at dealership 3 days after warranty was expired. Problem was confirmed and quick approval received from Keystone for repair. When window was removed it was found that section of insulation was missed in the wall section causing the appearance of delamination. There was no water leaks and no damage to fiberglass as originally thought. Wall was rebuilt to proper specifications and cannot thank dealership enough for their workmanship and Keystone for honoring their warranty.
injoying life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
GBHRPS

Nice to hear positive feedback about Keystone and their dealerships. Don't be shy! Tell us your dealer's name. They deserve and would certainly appreciate the compliments and free advertising.
Gene
GBHRPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
injoying life

Camping in style whitby Ontario Canada is the dealership we use. They always they to help.
injoying life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:11 AM   #4
Sillyme

Smile Our dealer is also Camping in Style

Hi there, nice to meet someone from the Whitby area right here! We too are from Whitby and just picked up our 2010 Cougar Xlite 29FKS a week and 1/2 ago on April 17th.

We had a problem initially with switching our table and chairs back to the booth style dinette, but everything was resolved to our satisfaction at no cost and quite fast as well. Everything was perfect when we did the PDI and drove it home first to show the neighbours before taking it to the storage place by the airport.

I read somewhere else on the forum that if you're happy, or not, with the service from your dealer, you should post it on the following website:

http://rvservicereviews.com/Index.asp

I will also post my experience on that site. The only 2 postings for Camping in Style are pretty old (2005 and 2007). Things have changed at CIS with the expansion and all.

Good luck with your trailer and happy camping neighbour!
Huskey Equal-i-zer® Sway Control Hitch,
BAL Lock-Arm Stabilizing Bars, Barker VIP Power Jack,
Hensley TruControl™ Gold, BAL X-Chock,
Sillyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
cpaulsen

insulation

Pulled the insert out of the headboard in our 5'ver to install a puck light for reading. Was amazed at NO insulation between the headboard and the front fiberglass cap. Reached in and also light up what I could see and found none at all. I ended up using batt insuation beford putting the headboard back in. Made a lot of difference in the bedroom!!
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote