Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
MILBY

327 Witerize

I love my 327 alot but I would like to meet the worker or the engineer who decided to put the low point drains in the center right under the front axle what a pain in the A$$. Also why did we have to put the water pump half way across the storage box instead of closer to the side so when a fat guy like myself is winterizeing he does no have to crawl into the basement. Ok my rant is over (still love the rig)
MILBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
chuckretnav

327 winter

yes I agree with you the pump and low point drains are a pain. I just go ahead and put my antifreeze into the fresh water tank and winterise that way. then next spring just flush the whole thing. Maybe next year Ill move the pump to make it easier.
chuckretnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
BobM

Agreed. I think I'm going to have my dealer install a bypass kit that has a hose that sucks up the antifreeze and distributes it through the system. Don't forget to winterize your black tank spray hookup. A number of posts here recount how they forgot and ruined some valve thingy inside. I'm thinking the only way to winterize that is to use a blowout plug.
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
therink

Yes, blowout plug on black tank flush. I did it last year and no damage (down to 10f below last year).

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
MILBY

I was one of the ones that posted about the black tank flush I did ruin the vacuum breaker on my last one by forgeting this I do my flusher with the blue connection hose for the outside shower and run the antifreeze that way
MILBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:53 AM   #6
66ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILBY View Post
I was one of the ones that posted about the black tank flush I did ruin the vacuum breaker on my last one by forgeting this I do my flusher with the blue connection hose for the outside shower and run the antifreeze that way
I also ruined the vacuum breaker on mine last year. This year I ran anti freeze through the tank flush. Live and learn.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #7
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILBY View Post
I love my 327 alot but I would like to meet the worker or the engineer who decided to put the low point drains in the center right under the front axle what a pain in the A$$. Also why did we have to put the water pump half way across the storage box instead of closer to the side so when a fat guy like myself is winterizeing he does no have to crawl into the basement. Ok my rant is over (still love the rig)
I feel your pain. So I added water pump conversion kit from Camco.
I can access it with just removing the small panel by the HWH. I have pictures on my webshots page(I have it listed under a thread about this same thing somewhere on here! http://good-times.webshots.com/album/581454788WXENJk ). If it keeps getting colder I will have to add pink stuff before my Thanksgiving trip.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:07 AM   #8
deanrw

I also added the Pump Conversion Kit. Used it already as I had to winterize a few weeks ago With our old cougar, I never did winterize the Black Flush. I never did even give it much thought. It never did give me any problems. But with the new trailer, I did blow it out this year.
deanrw is offline   Reply With Quote