Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2017, 10:02 AM   #1
Jhanemann

Crack in side wall

After a good wash job, my husband and I noticed this on the side of our 2014 Keystone Sprinter 320bhs. Since we purchased it, it has been kept under a cover except for the 5 months it was in the shop for repairs. (Long story but we got it back in much worse shape than we dropped it off in). This is our first camper with fiberglass. Can anyone offer any advice as to what it is or how to get it fixed? I am assuming it's a crack in the fiberglass but unsure of how much damage it can lead to. Thanks in advance for any information!

Below it, there are a few "scratches" also. Never noticed these before. I can't get a picture to show them.

Southern Louisiana
2014 Keystone Sprinter 320bhs
2016 Honda Accord Sport
Jhanemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:37 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

A good body shop should be able to patch it, and get the color matched. Matching the texture of the wall requires some skill and I would ask the shop about it before having any work done.

You could get creative and have a mural painted after the crack has been filled and smoothed out, or a decal. Wonder what happened?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:07 PM   #3
CaptnJohn

The best fiberglass guys I know work at marinas.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:40 AM   #4
Jhanemann

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
A good body shop should be able to patch it, and get the color matched. Matching the texture of the wall requires some skill and I would ask the shop about it before having any work done.

You could get creative and have a mural painted after the crack has been filled and smoothed out, or a decal. Wonder what happened?
I have absolutely no clue what could have happened. I am wondering if it's been there for a while and with the extreme weather changes we have had, 18° one day with snow and 70° 2 days later, up and down....that it's just now expanding and allowing us to see it. How imperative is it that we get it fixed right away? Good idea on the vinyl, my friend has a shop and makes vinyl decals. We had planned on getting her to make us one, that looks like the best place to put it!

Southern Louisiana
2014 Keystone Sprinter 320bhs
2016 Honda Accord Sport
Jhanemann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rack