Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
RobG

Raptor Fulltimer

Howdy! I just found this forum...

I have a 2006 Raptor 3814SS that I bought new in May 2007 (it was leftover when the 2008's where coming in so I got it prett cheap). I've been living in it fulltime for the last twenty months down here in San Jose for work and commuting back and forth to Reno every few weekends (without the trailer).

It's only been on a few trips... a quicking from Reno to Sac right after we got it (a "shakedown cruise"), a trip up to the mountains a couple months later, and a three-week trip to Utah in September 2007... where I lost all six tires due to tread delamination on the way home.

Other than that it's been fairly trouble-free, though the electric side of my water heater has been dead for almost a year and the generator won't start (probably bad gas). Oh yeah... and two broken blinds... one being a miniblind in the garage, the other is the pleated shade above the couch.

It's a decent enough trailer, but I think they cut a lot of corners in the quality of some of the parts. Still, I like it because of how much space it has. I specifically wanted the 14' garage because I can fit four quads in there (I have three in there now).

Rob
Old 10-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Welcome RobG!. I am sure you will be receiving some suggestions about your water heater very soon. What kind of tires did you have on there? Hard to imagine losing 6 tires in such a short span! If you have any further questions or posts, you should insert them in the appropriate section now that you have joined the group and made yourself known in the New Member Check In.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:39 AM   #3
antiqfreq

We bought our 2007 fiver in Feb. of 2008 and we replaced ALL tires about a year later.

I looked at dates on sidewalls and decided NO big trips before they are replaced as this fiver was sitting on the dealers lot 8 months before I got it.

So far no problems with our MAXXIS tires that we put on it.

Good luck with your new toy hauler and welcome to this great forum!

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:23 AM   #4
Flyguy

Hi, and welcome to the forum, we're all here to help if we can and learn at the same time.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote