Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
Yosemitebob

Separating basement floor (my fault)

I wanted to make sure it was known as my wrongful doing so no other blame. OK, so I noticed in the basement, the small recessed area right when you open the hatch that the carpet was stretching in the floor where it meets the short wall (refer to picture), knowing I had to fix it with some aluminum angle iron I cut away the carpet to the size of the angle I was using and sure enough the staples where all pulling out (no glue). What had happened was I had a perfect tool box that fit that area and it was about 24" long with yes, heavy enough tools for the trailer in case of any reason I needed them. Well over the last year, the weight and the bouncing of the trailer started working the floor section loose from the wall section. I learned my lesson, don't put heavy items on either side in this area. I fixed it by cutting a length of 2 x 2 x ⅛ angle and drilling and countersinking it for the screws to attach it alone the whole length of the separation. It snugged it up quite nicely as you can see. I will now just put the lighter items there, as things you can see in the picture. I did check the clearance for the screws behind with a flashlight and noted that the frame rail was there, so didn't worry about hitting a tank with the screws.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	floor support-1814.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	7248   Click image for larger version

Name:	floor support-1815.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	7249   Click image for larger version

Name:	floor support-1817.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	7250  
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
jsmith948

Thanks for the heads up! Carry my Husky 3-drawer tool box in the same area. Something to check!

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
Yosemitebob

Yep, I have the same one, now in the main part of the basement, well, if you carry tools like I do, not a good place to have them
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote