Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
Lack of HP

Front Bedroom AC

I just ordered a new AC unit from Camping World for my new 327RES. Has anyone ever had one installed. They assured me it would blow into my present air duct and work off of my current thermostat. I upgraded from a 2011 291RLS which I had several problems with.
I have had issues so far with a big shower leak and the propane door on the drivers side blew off due to not being drilled properly. New door put on, came loose on the way home from the dealer.
Anyone one else had these issues. Other than these love it.
Lack of HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:13 AM   #2
chuckretnav

Smile Front A/C 327 RES

Hi, got my 327 in July 2010, Had a front A/C added at the dealer. OK here goes, unless my dealer didn't have one at the time or their wasnt one made at the time, my front A/C did not hook into the the duct work and does not work from the thermostat in the hall. I would have to get the books out to give you my model number. But some people describe it as a add on unit for a popup tent. It made by Domic I know. All controls are on the unit and it only blows into the bedroom. Also very loud!! We only use it during the day when temps are high 80's and heading for 90. The duct work on the OEM A/C seems to blow better in the bathroom than in the bedroom. Need to check that. Also my shower leaked and recaulked that and did both sides and look at the door to see if water will run down the door seam and handle and drip out. Landing gear I am changing to a circut breaker the fuse keeps blowing. No problem with the propane door. Have thought of putting locks on the doors thou. Happy Trails
chuckretnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Handysam

There are longer "cams" or (swinging arms on the back of the latch) you can add to the propane doors that will easily fix that problem, however if its warranty I would make the dealer do it. I'll have to check mine, I have not ha d any problem so far but it's starting to become a problem on these models.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
MILBY

what to look for

Only had my 327 out one time so far and it rained and was cold so have not had time to really play with it. What are the problems others are haveing so I can keep on the look out. Do know about the landing gear problem my friend bought a 326 last year and had that problem. Why has keystone not recalled?
MILBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #5
Handysam

Welcome to the forums.Our 327 has had very minor problems so far, been out 6 times, (head banging on wood). We got ours in October of last year. We had a small bathroom sink leak, bulb went out right away in the kitchen, broken curtain holder, DW's fault, the stupid latch on the closet door in the bedroom broke twice, which is a universal latch in all the brands of RV's I've seen, checked it out even the carriage cameos have those type latch's, very poor design. We consider ourselves very fortunate to not have had any other problems so far. The landing gear fuse is obviously a big problem from all the posts I have read. We have not had that problem. It is very important to remember to lower the gears on shore power or hooked to the tow vehicle while engine running. The slides are the same way, very sensitive items where voltage is concerned. Happy Camping, Sam
Old 04-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
mobile42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lack of HP View Post
I just ordered a new AC unit from Camping World for my new 327RES. Has anyone ever had one installed. They assured me it would blow into my present air duct and work off of my current thermostat. I upgraded from a 2011 291RLS which I had several problems with.
I have had issues so far with a big shower leak and the propane door on the drivers side blew off due to not being drilled properly. New door put on, came loose on the way home from the dealer.
Anyone one else had these issues. Other than these love it.
I also had my 2nd AC installed prior to picking up the 5th wheel from the dealer. It is not connected to the existing duct and all controls are on the unit. Have turned it on (and yeah, a little loud) and just glad that I had it done before summer hits.
4000 Watt Champion Generator

2007 Keystone Sprinter 264BHS TT
2005 Flagstaff Forest River TT
mobile42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #7
Lack of HP

Front Bedroom AC

Here are the numbers for the parts that Camping World ordered to put in. Dometic upper ac #457915.XX1C0, ceiling assy-Dometic Repair Parts #310593.407, Control Board-Dometic repair parts #310926.005.

Install of these parts and removing existing vent total price $1400.00

Don't know if this will help any of you or not, don't even know if it is going to help me yet. Hope so.

Where is the fuse at on the front landing gear that everyone is discussing? I do know that my outside switch is sticking once in awhile.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
rgwilliams69

Cost?

Wow, that cost seems very high. I had a second unit installed in the Outback Sydney 326 we had last year at my dealer (same type) for only $550, parts and labor. I would check around on prices with several dealers. Just a heads-up.
rgwilliams69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #9
Festus2
Site Team

On many units, the landing gear inline fuse is located in the coil-wrapped wiring harness about 12"-18" away from the back of the switch. You will have to separate the coil to find the fuse holder.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:29 AM   #10
cmlong

Onthe 327RES the fuse holder is right in the wire between the wsitch and the back wall, it is very obvious.

2017 Chevy 3500HD 6.6
2016 Alpine 3600
cmlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #11
Lack of HP

Front Bedroom AC

Thanks to everyone that has replied on all my request and issues. I did go to Camping World today and asked the service manager about the AC issue. He is to check into it. He also thought the amount they had charged me was a little high. Don't know what is going on but hopefully they will get it together. I have a meeting with their GM on Tuesday regarding the Door Issue. Will probably discuss the pricing on the AC and the functioning as well. With all the rain we are having I need Pontoons installed.
Happy Camping to everyone.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #12
rgwilliams69

Good luck, be sure to let us know how it all turns out!
rgwilliams69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:50 AM   #13
phoneman16

I too had an AC unit installed in my new 327RES. Camping World did it before I took delivery last week, haven't needed to use it yet. they installed a Domanec unit Penguin low profile 13.5 BTU CW #640315. The cost was around $1200. The unit is a stand alone unit for the bedroom/bath area. We have it set on a permanent seasonal spot, ( the truck is next ).
Just spent our first weekend in it and fell in love again.
phoneman16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:06 PM   #14
MILBY

Thanks

Thank you fro the pointers on my 327, need all the help I can get. I hope we can be problem free as much as possible. Our friends bought a 326 last year and have nothing but problems nothing big just small irritating things.
MILBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #15
Lack of HP

I wanted to let everyone know I went to CW today to get the AC unit they ordered me installed. All of you that replied were right. Can not hook up to the duct system. After waiting all of this time and then they tore out my vent they determined it would not work. I settled for a stand alone unit. They put one in and believe it or not, it would not work, tore it out and installed another one. Now the thermostat is messing up. What a deal. Also the shower leak has not been fixed. They have caulked everything at least twice, checked all the lines, still leaks. Runs into my docking station. They are getting a new shower brought in from Keystone. hope to have installed within a week. Hot water heater pop off valve blew this week also. replaced it as well as the limit switch. The propane tank valve is malfunctioning. shows red when over half full. It is a manual switch valve and will switch tanks when you turn the other tank on without turning the swith on the valve to the other direction. have not got this problem fixed yet. CW working with me fairly well. Really like the 327res but am having a lot of issues for a new camper. Also did experience fresh water tank filling up from being hooked up to city water. ran the pump a couple of times and it seemed to stop filling the tank. don't know if the check valve was stuck or what.
hope everyone else is camping better than me and the boss have had this past two weeks. Trying to get things lined out to spend a couple to three weeks in florida to see the grandkids. Might have to rent one. Happy camping.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #16
Smitty

I stopped at my dealership in Green Bay Wi yesterday to check on my 1 yr. Warranty expiration date which will come up at the end of the month and then asked about the leaking shower and the service rep told me that caulking was only covered for 90 days. We used camp showers last season so I'm going to caulk the heck out of it and hope that works. Also asked about the slide gaskets on top of the slides that get stuck in and out and he said they are just sweepers and keep no water out. I climb on the roof every time we put slides out and run my finger under them to make sure they are all laying flat on the slide tops so I think my service rep at Van Boxtel RV is giving me a line of BS .
Hope you get your shower problem resolved.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #17
Lack of HP

Thumbs down

I would agree on the BS. I thought there was a one year warranty. Anyway they told me today they were tearing it out and maybe going to try and just fix it. Appearantly there is somewhere on our units where they are shooting screws into the base and this is allowing water out. Don't know if this is mine or your problem or not, but you have to tear out the entire shower to fine it. I know it is aggrivating to have this done on a 25 day old unit. Not real happy with Keystone or Camping World right now. Had a call with the head of service in Kentucky for camping world today regarding the work being done and could not get through to Keystone. will start trying again at 8am in the morning. I will assure you no more Keystone campers for me or anything from camping world. This has been 2 in a row now. Both 2011's. Good luck on yours as well and happy camping.