Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2021, 01:55 PM   #1
clockmanjim

2021 Passport 219BH

I would like to ask if anyone would be able to advise me where I might find the water pump and the valves used in winterizing & un-winterizing the water system. Attached is a picture I took of 2 valves, this was taken through the access panel near the water hook up in the pass through. I'm sure there are more valves then just these 2. Also, in my mind these valves look like they're in the open position. I just picked this up last week and the walk through missed advising me of these questions. That was my fault for not thinking to ask about it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PASSPORT VALVES.jpeg
Views:	191
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	32148  
clockmanjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 06:08 PM   #2
Missoura

I just purchased a 219bh and I have a video of the walkthrough that explained it all. I’ll put on YouTube tomorrow and respond with the location.
Missoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 03:11 AM   #3
clockmanjim

Great, thanks for the he help. I look forward to your link
Jim
clockmanjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 04:25 PM   #4
kl281071

hi, I am really new to this field. I am looking at importing a Passport 219 BH into New Zealand. How are you guys finding this trailer?. What options does it offer eg is solar panels standard ?
kl281071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 05:21 PM   #5
PatT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl281071 View Post
hi, I am really new to this field. I am looking at importing a Passport 219 BH into New Zealand. How are you guys finding this trailer?. What options does it offer eg is solar panels standard ?
Look under the bottom bunk. You will need to remove the screws that hold the plywwod in place under the mattress.
PatT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 05:47 PM   #6
NH_Bulldog

I doubt there is anything under the bunk except the outdoor kitchen. The water pump is generally in the area of the wet bay.

You should have low point drains poking out from the bottom of the trailer, typically red pex and blue pex pipes.

In your photo, the water heater valves are in bypass position. I would unscrew the plug out of the water heater and make sure it is drained properly
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 06:35 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatT View Post
Look under the bottom bunk. You will need to remove the screws that hold the plywwod in place under the mattress.
Reading the posts above, kl281071 is "looking at importing a Passport" but does not have the trailer in possession.

Looking under the bottom bunk would be difficult at this point in the process of importing a Passport.

The Passport comes "standard" with the 200 solarflex system. Optional is the 400i solarflex system. Additionally a choice of adding one or two 100 ah lithium batteries is available at additional costs. This is outlined in the standard features/options section of the webpage under "solarflex"
https://www.keystonerv.com/product/p...oorplans/219BH

You may find that importing lithium batteries is more expensive than purchasing a similar battery locally in New Zealand. Import taxes, duty, processing fees may make importing some components significantly more expensive than using a similar item already in the country.

Additionally, you can learn more about the SolarFlex 200 and the SolarFlex 400i systems, components and functions here: https://www.keystonerv.com/solarflex_landing

If importing the trailer to New Zealand is being considered, I'd first address whether a Passport 219BH (manufactured in Indiana) or a Passport 219BHWE (manufactured in Oregon) might be a better choice. It may be cheaper to transport a trailer built in Oregon to the port than to transport a trailer built in Indiana to the port for shipment. I'd ask whomever you're dealing with for advice on which is the better choice economically.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 06:37 PM   #8
kl281071

Thanks for that. Keystone won't allow me to access their website, since I am based in New Zealand.
Old 03-21-2022, 07:19 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks for that. Keystone won't allow me to access their website, since I am based in New Zealand.
Try this address and see if it helps. This is the mailing address for Keystone's customer service. Send them an postal mail requesting access to the website or asking them for directions on how you can access information about the specific trailer and options that you're interested in buying.
Keystone RV Company
2425 Davis Drive
PO Box 2000
Goshen, IN 46527-2000
Phone (toll free): (866) 425-4369

You might also try their FaceBook page at: https://www.facebook.com/KeystoneRV

You may be able to contact the company via their FaceBook page. There is a "send a message" link on the left side of the main page.

Or, you might try an email to: [email protected]. That is an email address for one of the customer service representatives at the factory.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-21-2022, 08:03 PM   #10
kl281071

Many thanks to your good people out there. I am dumbfounded why info is not made available to a prospective buyer. I have emailed them.....will let you know what their reply is. Without the information, its hard to make informed decisions.
Old 03-22-2022, 02:58 AM   #11
PatT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
I doubt there is anything under the bunk except the outdoor kitchen. The water pump is generally in the area of the wet bay.

You should have low point drains poking out from the bottom of the trailer, typically red pex and blue pex pipes.

In your photo, the water heater valves are in bypass position. I would unscrew the plug out of the water heater and make sure it is drained properly
I stand corrected, I was thinking of a different model.
PatT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 05:57 AM   #12
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Many thanks to your good people out there. I am dumbfounded why info is not made available to a prospective buyer. I have emailed them.....will let you know what their reply is. Without the information, its hard to make informed decisions.
Don't get discouraged if you don't receive a "quick" response. I doubt Keystone receives a lot of inquiries from New Zealanders wanting to import their products. The difference in electrical systems will be the greatest challenge.

New Zealand standard electric residential power distribution delivers 230 vac single phase @50 hz. Keystone builds to the American standard of residential distribution of 120 vac single phase at 60 hz. The frequency shouldnbe an issue as most appliances will operate on both frequencies. In the US, we derive 240 vac by using two 120 vac lines of diffferent phases. The two lines cannot be directly connected to get the higher voltage.

I'm not familiar with New Zeland electrical code so I have no idea what they will require. I do not know if it's allowed, or even possible to get a two phase 4 wire service at your house, I can't imadgine campgrounds having it available. Without that availability you would need a substantial step down transformer to operate the alternating voltage appliances. The "bacic list" of 120 vac appliances would be the converter/battery charget, air conditioner, the water heater element for heating with electricity, and the fridge electric heating element.

Now if that isn't issue enough here's another consideration..If you can install a step down transformer then you will have a trailer that's electrically (ac) incompatible with anything sold there. So you wouldn't be able to use anything that plugs into a wall receptical that would work unless you use an adapter with a "step up" voltage transformer.

Just " food for thought" for consideration. Good luck.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 06:35 AM   #13
JRTJH
Site Team

There is a market for American RV's in Australia and New Zealand and there's a "business opportunity".

There are businesses in New Zealand that specialize in shipping these trailers from "here to there". There are businesses that specialize in processing the documentation to "keep things legal" and there are businesses that actually modify/convert the trailers to meet your local requirements.

I suppose there are adventurous individual people who "take on the challenge of navigating the shipping, legal and mechanical process of converting the trailer to your standards".... But, I'd suspect that it isn't an easy process for someone who is not familiar with what they are doing. Granted, everyone has to start with the unknown and learn how to do it, but for a "one time event" it may be beneficial to hire someone that knows what they're doing and seek their assistance....

Who knows, maybe you've already done that. But in case you haven't, here are some results of a "quick Google search" on the process:

https://cornerstoneusaimports.co.nz/
https://www.pinerockrv.com/
https://boprv.co.nz/
https://extremeglobal.co.nz/importin...trailer-to-nz/

I'd suspect that "learning the process and making mistakes that require repair along the way" could wind up costing much more than hiring someone that knows all the mistakes and can avoid them....

I'd not be inclined to find a local "buddy shop" that's never done this kind of conversion and turn loose a $75K trailer for them to "learn what's needed"...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS

Tags
passport