Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2020, 09:50 PM   #21
AF0DJ

water pump runs but no water

I made the mistake of filling my fresh water tank via a garden hose once.
The hose spit so much black "stuff" (hose interior lining) that the in tank filter was plugged. Had to open the belly, pull out the supply fixture from which the pump draws and clean it. Also had to flush the tank about 5 times to get all the hose "crap" out. I removed THAT filter, and installed an in-line filter up by the pump so IF there was to be a plug again it would be right up where I could get at it. Not sure why keystone put the only filter way down under the rig... I also installed a drain line extension as the low point drain was right between the axles. Hardest place to get to in the whole rig. I ran the extension over to the area where the controls and dump reside.
AF0DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #22
jimborokz

I may have missed it but I don't think I saw this thought, Is the winterizer valve set in the right position. I don't winterize with antifreeze but I'm guessing if it's set to winterize it's trying to suck liquid from that source instead of the f/w tank.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:05 AM   #23
GunnerRoo

Sorry All, have been off hunting for the last month in Georgia. Back on it now and will advise.

I still have not found the access to the pump from the top but still at it.

I need to catch up on all the great responses and check it out. Bear with me, nothing is fast during hunting season!!!!
GunnerRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:19 AM   #24
EdySan2294

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerRoo View Post
Sorry All, have been off hunting for the last month in Georgia. Back on it now and will advise.

I still have not found the access to the pump from the top but still at it.

I need to catch up on all the great responses and check it out. Bear with me, nothing is fast during hunting season!!!!

I apologize for the bad joke above. For your pump access, please look at my post with pictures above. Hope it helps.
EdySan2294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:22 AM   #25
GunnerRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdySan2294 View Post
Hi.

Look on the street side (Driver side) of your rv in your bedroom. In front of the closet, the first "step" has a removable top board. You have to slide it back towards you and pull it up. It will give you access to your water pump and the back of the fresh water inlet station. Look at the picture below.

You will need to gain access to the bypass valve of your water heater. Based on the location of your outside access door, your inside access to the heater should be somewhere under your sink. Look for an access door on the cabinet right next to the main entry door or a "false" back panel under the sink when you open the cabinet door from the kitchen side.

I say this because I had a similar problem in mine and came to find out that the water heater tank had gotten empty and the water pump was trying to fill it. This cause us not to have any water pressure coming out of any faucets. Once I switched the bypass valve to close (recirculate), water started coming out of all faucets.
This is great, I believe this is the missing piece of the puzzle. Our 312BH has the MBR in the front and the first step is carpeted and no access from the under-bed storage so that must be how to get to it.

I am back at the TT next week and will be looking at that to see if I can get access from the first step.

Thanks All!!
Old 11-26-2020, 10:32 AM   #26
GunnerRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdySan2294 View Post

Lol
This does resemble me looking for the access panel. Great meme!! thx!
Old 01-05-2021, 03:03 PM   #27
GunnerRoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerRoo View Post
This is great, I believe this is the missing piece of the puzzle. Our 312BH has the MBR in the front and the first step is carpeted and no access from the under-bed storage so that must be how to get to it.

I am back at the TT next week and will be looking at that to see if I can get access from the first step.

Thanks All!!
Sorry All for the long delay in responding!! That was the missing piece and embarrassingly it was mostly "operator error". The top of the carpeted step opens towards you not away and was the issue. All good now full access and removed the water pump and just going to replace it and if fixable I will use as a backup.

Cheers all and thanks for the help!!

Craig

Tags
water, water pump