Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2020, 02:32 PM   #1
Electribluemega

Fitting 2 ATV’s in a Fuzion 12’-6” garage

Hi everyone I put together a YouTube Video to show everyone how I fit (2) full size ATV’s in my Fuzion 429 12’-6” toyhauler garage. ==> https://youtu.be/rVbzjVa0hic
Electribluemega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:23 PM   #2
skidoomatt

Thanks for sharing...I too tried searching online how to load two ATV's in a toy hauler with no good results. I also have a two-up ATV with another one in the works and was looking at toy haulers but was unsure if they would both fit next too each other. I guess you answered that question...lol
Old 05-12-2020, 04:49 PM   #3
LewisB

Nice video! That's a lot of prep and work but I guess that's what it takes to get two loaded. We have a 2018 Raptor but the limiting factor loading for us is width. The second bath is "inside" the garage area, so the forward part of our garage is 69" wide and our 64" Can Am XRC just barely fits. Fortunately, we can just drive right in.

Have you run your rig across a scale when fully loaded? We are pretty tight against the cargo capacity with our one SxS.

Nice work. Thanks.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:35 AM   #4
AbHDToyHauler

Thanks for sharing. You have to be creative to make this stuff work. I bought a winch for loading the wife's trike. I load my bike first, take off right side saddlebag while loading. I lock it down into the Biker Bar then I winch her's in as it's a close fit and much easier to control by a nice smooth slow winching into place. Takes alot of stress out it.
2012 Harley Davidson TriGlide (Trike) (Hers)
AbHDToyHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:44 AM   #5
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbHDToyHauler View Post
Thanks for sharing. You have to be creative to make this stuff work. I bought a winch for loading the wife's trike. I load my bike first, take off right side saddlebag while loading. I lock it down into the Biker Bar then I winch her's in as it's a close fit and much easier to control by a nice smooth slow winching into place. Takes alot of stress out it.
Yup, know what you mean. I too have a winch I used for our past Harley Tri-Glide. In fact, I had to use aluminum ramps on the toyhauler ramp for the back wheels to hold the trike "level" without dragging the mufflers while it slowly winched in. With the front tire on the toyhauler ramp and the back tires on the ramps-to-the-ramp, the trike actually lifted straight up until the pipes were clear. Hope that makes sense. (We've since sold the Harley [sigh] and just ride a SxS.)

Old 05-20-2020, 11:46 AM   #6
AbHDToyHauler

Yes, it makes sense. My wife's trike pipes drag a bit but she runs over so much stuff it's the least of my worries. HAHAHAH We also have a Haulmark LowHauler trailer which we had for years to take our bikes South in the winter. It was a very tight fit and we scuffed wall a few times evenwhen being careful so the winch makes a huge difference in loading. And I can load by myself as it's slow and steady right into place while you make small corrections. I hope we can ride for a few more years at least.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:39 PM   #7
Dennis852

Where are you guys mounting the winches? I was thinking about this to put a jet ski in but was drawing a blank on an area strong enough to mount to.
Dennis852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 08:34 AM   #8
AbHDToyHauler

I thought long and hard about the winch mounting and came up with this idea. I don't really want winch in the way all the time so I bought a portable winch all self contained off of amazon. Then i bought a length of heavy chain suitable for handling the load and hooks. I hook chain across two floor tiedowns which are "supposedly " welded to frame and easily capable of holding the load. I clip winch to chain and hook quick connect cable for winch to battery of my truck. I plan to add actual plug for winch when I do all my solar and upgrades this year. I had considered making a steel bar which would clamp to floor tiedowns with j bolts but chain works and is easy to store. This way I can use the winch in my small motorcycle hauling trailer too if necessary or anywhere for that matter. Hope my explanation makes sense.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:48 AM   #9
LewisB

In a previous toy-hauler trailer, I did a similar setup but with a couple of different ideas.
  • Welded a steel tubing frame (about 12" deep X 5' wide) that held both the winch and the front tire wheel chock for the motorcycle. This clamped down to the trailer tie-downs and could be removed when not needed.
  • I used a 120VAC (not DC) winch that plugged into one of the 120v receptacles in the trailer. To use the winch, obviously I had to start the built-in trailer generator. https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...SABEgJRLfD_BwE
  • Just hooked the winch to the lower frame of the trike by the riders foot rest and pulled it right in - slick as all get out.
I liked this setup because it was light enough to move/remove when not needed. While camping I just put it under one of the fold down garage couches where it was not under foot.

In our current toy-hauler trailer, I have this left-over 120VAC winch mounted to the floor along the side wall near the back of the garage (where it will be under one of the couches). The cable comes out to the center of the trailer to a snatch block redirecting to the very front of the garage with another snatch block redirecting the cable straight back and down the ramp and out the door. The idea is if my SxS is dead, I could still winch it into the trailer to get it home. Doubt I will ever need this, but I had the parts so went ahead and set it up. I wouldn't recommend spending the money to set this up for a side-by-side unless you have some specific need.

Old 05-21-2020, 10:17 AM   #10
AbHDToyHauler

Funny I was thinking along same line for my biker bar mounts. However after carefull measurements I was able to get them right where I needed them with minimal difficulty but i figured if I couldn't I would mount to a plate and tie plate down to floor tiedowns. If you wanna RV and take your toys you have to be creative.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:12 PM   #11
vettman1

I wish I would have seen this two years ago. I ended up not getting a toy hauler because I couldn't figure out a way to carry my two Polaris touring ATVs in a 11' garage (Fusion 371). Could you turn them both sideways??

Crap. I may need to show my wife this one.
vettman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:55 PM   #12
Electribluemega

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettman1 View Post
I wish I would have seen this two years ago. I ended up not getting a toy hauler because I couldn't figure out a way to carry my two Polaris touring ATVs in a 11' garage (Fusion 371). Could you turn them both sideways??

Crap. I may need to show my wife this one.
Yes you can turn both sideways but the slope of the beaver tail would make maneuvering the cart tough.
Electribluemega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 06:24 AM   #13
LewisB

How about placing them sideways on the cart at the bottom of the ramp and then winching them up the ramp sideways? If you winched them in sideways, you would not need to turn them inside the trailer which means you would not need the steel plates on the floor. You might be able to make some inexpensive 4-wheel "car dollies" and do the same thing. Just a thought...

Old 01-07-2021, 07:33 AM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

Four "HDPE pads" one placed under each wheel, would slide over the trailer floor. (Think similar to the furniture pads used to slide heavy furniture over carpet or other flooring in a SB house). Once inside, remove the pads to better secure the ATV in the garage.....

Harbor Freight sells vehicle wheel dollies, but I've got them for my boat trailer and they do not roll as easily as the box says they will... For me, they were a disappointment. On a "non abrasive surface" I'd consider HDPE pads.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:39 PM   #15
PNW78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis852 View Post
Where are you guys mounting the winches? I was thinking about this to put a jet ski in but was drawing a blank on an area strong enough to mount to.
We want to put our jetski in too, any success?
PNW78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 01:42 AM   #16
PNW78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis852 View Post
Did you ever figure out how to load a jetski?
PNW78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion