Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2020, 08:05 AM   #21
Sarge2

Our Governor in MI just extended this until May 15th... the MI state campgrounds were already closed down to May 15th from the start.. coincidence? I think not.... Anyway I've got a reservation at a state campground for, you guessed it.. May 15th thru the 18th.. so I'll probably be canceling that one.... General RV rescheduled my appointment to fix my under vanity water leak...again... for May 8th.. so I'm thinking that between the two situations, I won't be camping until after June... At this point all we can do is sit and wait for things to get back to normal... Of course as a PO... I've been working every day my normal shifts so at least I'm getting out and about..
Take care, stay healthy...
Sarge
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:16 AM   #22
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Canonman I don't think keeping a "social distance" would be a problem where those beautiful pictures were taken.
Thanks Marshall, Not at the time of day I was there. Zion and Arches have become a total zoo during the summer months and are to be avoided if at all possible during the peak months Unfortunately, folks traveling with school age kiddos don't have much choice. I recommend getting out at dawn or late evening to minimize crowds. The tour busses don't usually load up until 8 a.m. and try to get their guests back for dinner about 7. Plenty of time for me to take a nap
As I said, lots of places to visit outside of the parks too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0689 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	373.2 KB
ID:	26859   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0700.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	471.2 KB
ID:	26860   Click image for larger version

Name:	Proxy Falls 2018 (7 of 11).jpg
Views:	95
Size:	335.6 KB
ID:	26861  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 12:02 PM   #23
Frisbeekev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger View Post
We will go to a TX State Park when they open for overnight, then to Carroll County MD to see my Mom, BIL & SIL as soon as MD opens up. (Actually will stay at Ramblin Pines which I think is in Howard County)
That is right near me. Never stayed at Ramblin Pines but I heard it is nice.
Frisbeekev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 12:06 PM   #24
Frisbeekev

Quote:
Canonman I don't think keeping a "social distance" would be a problem where those beautiful pictures were taken.
From My experience and places I have camped the sites are usually more than six feet apart, and if you avoid the public places at the campgrounds (store, pool, playground etc...), especially if you have full hook ups and a self contained unit, and do things like boating and hiking then social Distancing wouldn't be that hard. That is just one man's opinion though.
Frisbeekev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:58 AM   #25
InkedMarie

I’m in New Hampshire. To be honest, we are both still working so I hadn’t paid attention if campgrounds were open. Heck....I have 4-8” of snow coming tonight into tomorrow!

Someone in a TT FB group is in NH as well and she mentioned she went on a weekend trip. So....we are leaving Tuesday for a few days away. It’s out first time camping in a campground, only stayed at friends property after getting our first TT last Labor Day weekend (yep...got the wrong TT for us, traded after seven weeks).

It’s going to be chilly but we are going to enjoy our new TT, walk the dogs, social distance and try to forget about life for a few days!

2021 Keystone Cougar Half Ton 32 rli
InkedMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 11:30 AM   #26
Northofu1

New Brunswick released a statement on the 4 stage plan to open the province starting April 24th. Parks and open spaces were one of the areas affected in the first phase, of course with social distancing. I hope it continues. I have 10 nights booked there in June.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 04:55 PM   #27
kksfish

Ha, all that talk about PG, Montgomery counties reminds me of being a teenager growing up in Fairfax County! We would drive to a liquor store on Rt.5 in Clinton, Md. they had a drive-up-window and we would all order a pint, a cup of ice, and a Coke......those were the days.

We cancelled our cruise to Alaska in May and our trip to Maine in July....now just gonna see what’s available as time goes by.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:10 PM   #28
Badbart56

I still am seeing lots of campers and motorhomes on the interstates so they're going somewhere.

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:16 PM   #29
Steve's 70-5

Going this weekend to a private campground. The wife and I will do some bicycling and hiking, will by our selves most of the time. The bad part is, restaurants will be closed, will have to cook supper for ourselves.

Joe Walsh
Steve's 70-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:39 PM   #30
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger View Post
Yeah, Ramblin Pines is definitely on the expensive side, but we have never encountered anything like that, they even left us stay an extra night when we got snowed in at no charge. We stay there because Mom is in an assisted living facility in Westminster and it's pretty convenient to visit her each day and get back for the dogs. Also there is a pretty good place for crabs in Woodbine.
Westminster is about midway between Ramblin Pines and Gettysburg, PA. If you've never been I'd suggest going there. There are several cg's in that area.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:40 PM   #31
sourdough
Site Team

Well, my plans for "travel when restrictions are lifted" just changed dramatically.

Due to an unexpected, severe medical issue in the family I am leaving for FL in a few days (as soon as I can get a couple of things fixed on the new camper - drive in/drive out). Other than trying to take care of ourselves I see nothing to prevent it. Talked to the park owner in FL; she said if you can get past the state line "I have your 50A site waiting for you". Talked to FL Highway Patrol and they said "no problem"; TX plates and we'll wave you through.

Unlike many places, including our town, our FL location has had zero virus "detections", which I expected. Probably in as good a place as we are right now and accomplishing a lot more good.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:53 PM   #32
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Well, my plans for "travel when restrictions are lifted" just changed dramatically.

Due to an unexpected, severe medical issue in the family I am leaving for FL in a few days (as soon as I can get a couple of things fixed on the new camper - drive in/drive out). Other than trying to take care of ourselves I see nothing to prevent it. Talked to the park owner in FL; she said if you can get past the state line "I have your 50A site waiting for you". Talked to FL Highway Patrol and they said "no problem"; TX plates and we'll wave you through.

Unlike many places, including our town, our FL location has had zero virus "detections", which I expected. Probably in as good a place as we are right now and accomplishing a lot more good.

Safe travels my friend!! Our prayers are with you.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 07:01 PM   #33
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Safe travels my friend!! Our prayers are with you.
Thank you Chuck.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:25 PM   #34
Old Mustanger

Quote:
Westminster is about midway between Ramblin Pines and Gettysburg, PA. If you've never been I'd suggest going there. There are several cg's in that area.
Thanks, We have stayed in Gettysburg B4 but any of those cg's are a little further for us to drive, Ramblin Pines is about 10 miles from my Mother's assisted living place, straight up 97 B4 you get to Westminster, but if I hear that PA opens B4 MD we might give Artillery Ridge a call.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 07:58 AM   #35
msubobcats

To all those that are out or soon to go out, stay safe and enjoy.

We are still waiting for the break in trip in our new 5ver. Hopefully within the next two weeks as things seem to be getting slowly back to normal here. Been WAY TOO LONG...
msubobcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 09:07 AM   #36
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by msubobcats View Post
To all those that are out or soon to go out, stay safe and enjoy.

We are still waiting for the break in trip in our new 5ver. Hopefully within the next two weeks as things seem to be getting slowly back to normal here. Been WAY TOO LONG...

Good luck to you! We are in the same boat with our new fifth wheel but leave in the morning headed back to FL. Although the reason for the trip is not desirable, getting the trailer out and putting it through it's paces (along with the new truck) is exciting. Hope all goes well for any/all that are able to get out and move around.
Old 04-30-2020, 10:46 AM   #37
SRD

First trip cancelled 2nd trip still on

Our fist trip to Hocking Hills in Ohio for mid April got cancelled as expected but still was a big let down as it was our first trip of the season, Scheduled our second trip to Porcupine Mt. Wilderness state park in the UP for late June (21-26). Got an email this morning Michigan campgrounds won't open until June 22, so we will lose 1 day of our reservation. I sure hope they can stick to their plans cause I need this and I need it bad. Good luck to everyone
SRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 11:38 AM   #38
Keystoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
Watching the news here, there is a good chance the parks will open.
https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/4/...-and-safe-plan
State Parks are open now and we just made reservations for May5.
Here's hoping we get opened up in time for your trip.
BTW there are some very cool places to visit outside the park boundaries and BLM camping is still open as far as I know.
Very nice pix. I'm hoping the Utah NPs open soon. We had planned to see at least a couple of them mid April to Mid may to avoid any crowds anyway, but we got locked down and didn't even begin planning until now.
Our problem is getting there mostly. We were hoping to camp at least a couple of nights in NM on the way over and do some fishing, but the 4 corners area is about the worst CV19 hotspot around and no place to camp anyway. We could make a one day push from the Abq area but anything much over 300 miles per day is tough since someone I know can't get out of the house very early...
Any ideas where to camp in SE Utah with the hopes of the NPs opening? We were also thinking of finding some cold water fishing during the trip.
Old 04-30-2020, 01:01 PM   #39
uechikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
Watching the news here, there is a good chance the parks will open.
https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/4/...-and-safe-plan
State Parks are open now and we just made reservations for May5.
Here's hoping we get opened up in time for your trip.
BTW there are some very cool places to visit outside the park boundaries and BLM camping is still open as far as I know.
Very cool. Thanks. Looks like June.
Great pics by the way.
2008 Royal Star Venture
uechikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 03:54 PM   #40
mjsibe

Yes
We have a 3day free trip to Harper's Ferry
Complements of our kid's
But this summer might be canceled
Please
Every one stay safe