Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2021, 11:02 AM   #1
Jenny4wheel

Quick drain for fresh water?

Hi! I’ve a 290BHS and am sanitizing for the first time? Is there a quick way to drain the fresh tank? We’ve got the small drain open, but it’s gonna take forever to drain and then refill and drain to rinse. Our old Jayco had a quick drain option which used the pump and some drains with gate valves to speed the process. Is there any way to speed up draining in the Bullets? I don’t see anything in the manual. Thanks!
Jenny4wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:09 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Open up all the cold water faucets and turn on the pump.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:13 AM   #3
Jenny4wheel

Good idea! Thanks for the tip!
Jenny4wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 06:47 PM   #4
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny4wheel View Post
Hi! I’ve a 290BHS and am sanitizing for the first time? Is there a quick way to drain the fresh tank? We’ve got the small drain open, but it’s gonna take forever to drain and then refill and drain to rinse. Our old Jayco had a quick drain option which used the pump and some drains with gate valves to speed the process. Is there any way to speed up draining in the Bullets? I don’t see anything in the manual. Thanks!
Yes. Open the drain, go have dinner. When it's time to rinse, open it again and go have desert with a cup of joe. . Well that's what I do anyway sometimes and if I'm a day or two ahead of schedule. Otherwise, while it's draining I check out other critical systems like tire pressures, lug nut torque, turn on the fridge, load up the gear in the truck and some in the camper, double check propane, add chemicals to the tanks, bring the truck around and check brake and signal lights and bring out the generator and run the A/C for a few minutes (or furnace if in the winter) to make sure it's operating. I hate surprises.
Old 03-27-2021, 05:28 AM   #5
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Open up all the cold water faucets and turn on the pump.
And open the grey water dump!

Tags
drain, water