Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2020, 05:54 AM   #1
dwdlt

No Water at Kitchen Sink

Good morning All. I hope everybody is safe and COVID free. I made a rookie mistake this year and burnt up my water pump. I changed the pump (exact same brand, type, and model) and now I only get a trickle at the kitchen sink.

I get good water pressure everywhere else, and I'm pretty sure I have all the air out of the system. I unscrewed the filter screen from the faucet already, and it was pretty nasty. changed that out.

I'm thinking it is a check valve that is bad, but wanted to check and see if anybody has any ideas.

Trailer is a Keystone Laredo 314re. It's a 2016.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
2022 Cougar 27 SGS
dwdlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:12 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

How long did you let did you let the pump run? I'm guessing that the kitchen sink is at the end of the run. Filling the water heater and the lines can take a min. or two.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:19 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

There probably in no check valve in the water system. By "no water at the kitchen sink" I suppose you mean hot and cold sides ?? If so, and if there's no water flow with the aerator removed from the faucet, then I'd guess that you've got some "failed pump debris" that flowed through the lines and is "damming up the inlet connections" on the bottom of the faucet valves.

As Marshall indicated, it takes "a long time" for water to flow through the entire system, so make sure to "just let it run" for a couple of minutes before "tearing into things to clean the valve seats."

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:35 AM   #4
dwdlt

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
How long did you let did you let the pump run? I'm guessing that the kitchen sink is at the end of the run. Filling the water heater and the lines can take a min. or two.
I let it run for a quite a while, but never got much more than a drip.
2022 Cougar 27 SGS
Old 04-06-2020, 06:37 AM   #5
dwdlt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
There probably in no check valve in the water system. By "no water at the kitchen sink" I suppose you mean hot and cold sides ?? If so, and if there's no water flow with the aerator removed from the faucet, then I'd guess that you've got some "failed pump debris" that flowed through the lines and is "damming up the inlet connections" on the bottom of the faucet valves.

As Marshall indicated, it takes "a long time" for water to flow through the entire system, so make sure to "just let it run" for a couple of minutes before "tearing into things to clean the valve seats."
Yes, both hot and cold. I did let it run for a bit, but not much more than a minute and a half. So, I'll go back out today and let it run for a few minutes or so.

Thanks to both of you for replying
2022 Cougar 27 SGS
Old 04-06-2020, 06:41 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Maybe a sill question but you do have sufficient water in the tank and the batteries are charged? Pump is not in "winterizing" mode? My pump has a hose on the inlet side with a two way valve so that it will draw from a jug. If the valve isn't fully turned then the pump will suck air and not prime.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:59 AM   #7
dwdlt

Quote:
Maybe a sill question but you do have sufficient water in the tank and the batteries are charged? Pump is not in "winterizing" mode? My pump has a hose on the inlet side with a two way valve so that it will draw from a jug. If the valve isn't fully turned then the pump will suck air and not prime.
Thanks for the reply. All that is good. tank is full of water, and the valve on the winterization kit is in the correct position. I have full water pressure in the bathroom sink, shower, and the toilet, but just nothing to the kitchen sink
2022 Cougar 27 SGS
Old 04-06-2020, 07:00 AM   #8
flybouy
Site Team

Is that sink in a slide out?
Old 04-06-2020, 07:04 AM   #9
dwdlt

Quote:
Is that sink in a slide out?
No, it's in the center island. But, the trailer does have the super slides on both sides. Not sure if that makes any difference, but in case you are on to something, I wanted to mention it.
2022 Cougar 27 SGS
Old 04-06-2020, 07:14 AM   #10
flybouy
Site Team

If the sink is stationary then there shouldn't be any separate valves. The low point drains are closed or capped off?
Old 04-06-2020, 07:20 AM   #11
dwdlt

Quote:
If the sink is stationary then there shouldn't be any separate valves. The low point drains are closed or capped off?
Gotcha. the low point drains are closed.
2022 Cougar 27 SGS
Old 04-06-2020, 07:43 AM   #12
Steveo57

Unscrew the lines under the sink and see if you get good flow there. You say the screen on the faucet was nasty. There might be something plugging up the faucet.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:51 AM   #13
KimNTerry

This happened to me and drove me nuts. I loooked at eveything. DW removed the aereator, lo and behold the flow improved.

Try removing the aereator from the faucet. If it gets flow without the aereator, then clean or replace it.

Just another item to troubleshoot.

2016 Cougar 1/2 Ton Series 283 RETWE
2018 F150 EcoBoost FX4 Lariat Max-Tow and Heavy Duty Payload Package
KimNTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:50 PM   #14
Old Mustanger

How long have the temps in your neck of the woods been above freezing? Island kitchen plumbing can freeze up easily and be the last to thaw. Don't ask how I know
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:41 PM   #15
dwdlt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo57 View Post
Unscrew the lines under the sink and see if you get good flow there. You say the screen on the faucet was nasty. There might be something plugging up the faucet.
Well, you were on the right track for sure! I did just as you said, and I have plenty of pressure to the faucet itself...oh yea! I took the faucet out, and the main feed line is pluged up tight as a drum... All kinds of crud in it....

I'm ordering a new faucet now.
2022 Cougar 27 SGS
Old 04-07-2020, 02:38 PM   #16
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwdlt View Post
Well, you were on the right track for sure! I did just as you said, and I have plenty of pressure to the faucet itself...oh yea! I took the faucet out, and the main feed line is pluged up tight as a drum... All kinds of crud in it....

You can remove the valve stems, clean them and the faucet "mixer channel" and reassemble. That'll give you a functional faucet until the new one comes in and you find time to install it.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:27 AM   #17
dwdlt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
You can remove the valve stems, clean them and the faucet "mixer channel" and reassemble. That'll give you a functional faucet until the new one comes in and you find time to install it.
Sounds good. Thanks
2022 Cougar 27 SGS
Old 04-08-2020, 12:36 PM   #18
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwdlt View Post

Feed line you mean the water line? Why change faucets if the water line is plugged... am I reading you wrong?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:48 PM   #19
Pmedic4

Sink faucet no flow

We had the same issue, of course my first thought was like your, water pump bad - I had just filled the FW tank. Every other faucet worked fine, except the sink. Took the lines off the faucet, and flow through those was good. Aerator was plugged, cleaned it and have water now. Doesn't seem as good of pressure, so I need to investigate further, but definitely the sink faucet being plugged up.

Now I think I'll need to check all the other faucets and shower, because there was a lot of junk in the sink screen.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:40 AM   #20
dwdlt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Feed line you mean the water line? Why change faucets if the water line is plugged... am I reading you wrong?
This is the flexible line, with the weight on it, that goes to the faucet and provides water from the mixing channel of the faucet to the faucet head....And, I'm probably using all the wrong terminology!

I took the faucet apart and cleaned it as was suggested by another member, and it was full of crud, and what looks line plastic shavings.....

I guess I could reuse the faucet and just change the line, but I just chose to change it out and be safe with it.
2022 Cougar 27 SGS

Tags
sink, water