Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
oldfrog

First Trip in New Loredo

Spent 2 weeks dry camping in the great NY Adirondacks & all went rather well in our new Loredo 5er. Only problems were, a noisy water pump, the Grey & black valves wre labeled wrong, & I couldn't figure out the indicator for the propane bottles.
Hopefully this Ole Frog will figure it all out soon before our next trip.
P.S. Got to figure out the new brake controler setting too.
Hope you all enjoy the rest of the Summer. Check out our Adirondacks, they are a refreshing relief from the heat & humidity.
oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

There are a few things you can do to quieten down a noisy water pump:
1) replace portions of the rigid water line coming out of your pump with flexible, SS lines
2) make sure that where ever a line passes through a partition, that the tubing is not up against the partition or it will vibrate the piece of wood causing an increase in the noise. Cut and place foam pipe wrap around the lines where they pass through partitions.
3) remove your pump and remount it on a thicker piece of wood that has been dampened with rubber feet or felt/cork pads

Incorrectly labelled drain pulls seem to be a common problem for some unexplained reason.

You may have to continue to "play" with your brake controller to get the right settings but with some adjustments, it should function properly.

There have been several threads on the forum about propane tank operation - how the regulator works and the proper settings for dual tank operation. Try using our forum search feature to look up these threads -- type in propane regulator/auto-switching regulator or similar.

I did go to the Marshall website to see if they had an owner's manual to download but their website doesn't have much information about the automatic 2 stage regulator found in most RV's nor does it have an owner's manual for you to download. They do have, however, a toll free number where you might call for an owner's manual. 1-800-877-2495
Old 06-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
oldfrog

Thanks for the response Festus, I won't be free to check on things for a few days with company coming, but when I do I'll try your suggestions.
I'm very disappointed in the owners manual that came with the Loredo, so it's good to know I have great folks like you available to share their experiences.
Thanks again.
oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
wrighfr58

Old Frog

I too have a Laredo 5th (2012 335TG). I have run into similar issues and questions. I would be happy to swap stories.

Let me know how I can help
Fred

2008 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.4L Diesel
wrighfr58 is offline   Reply With Quote