Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2022, 03:12 PM   #1
Parked in Peñasco

Hola from Arizona's beach

Hello from beautiful Puerto Peñasco (aka Rocky Point), México. Recently purchased a 2004 Keystone Everest 364Q which I store near the beach.

I am very much a newbie and am looking forward to learning from more experienced Keystone owners.
Old 10-18-2022, 05:37 PM   #2
fjr vfr

We camped at Rocky Point for a few days in a van about 5 years ago. Are you leaving the trailer there semi-permanent? The park we stayed in was a little tight. There was no way for a newbie to get a site up front close to the beach. We had a good few days.
fjr vfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 07:57 PM   #3
bsmith0404

We typically go there every Nov for the bike rally, not making it this year. We stay at The Reef. There are a lot of trailers stored out there, if you look at them, most are showing the results of being parked near the beach, a LOT of rust/corrosion. I always get my washed and waxed at the end of the trip and take the pressure washer after the undercarriage. If I were you, I’d tow it home vs storing it down there.

Enjoy your stay, Wrecked At The Reef, Capones, The Peer and Mermaids have great food and are always a must stop for us. Wrecked is our Sunday NFL stop.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 05:04 PM   #4
Parked in Peñasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjr vfr View Post
We camped at Rocky Point for a few days in a van about 5 years ago. Are you leaving the trailer there semi-permanent? The park we stayed in was a little tight. There was no way for a newbie to get a site up front close to the beach. We had a good few days.
I am storing this at Playa De Oro. Their storage is full, but this is replacing an ancient travel trailer that I've stored there for over 7 years. I visit often (10-12 times a year), usually mid-week, so I am frequently parked beachfront. The back window was a major selling point for those beachfront spots Incidentally, I canot figure out why the photo is so huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
We typically go there every Nov for the bike rally, not making it this year. We stay at The Reef. There are a lot of trailers stored out there, if you look at them, most are showing the results of being parked near the beach, a LOT of rust/corrosion. I always get my washed and waxed at the end of the trip and take the pressure washer after the undercarriage. If I were you, I’d tow it home vs storing it down there.

Enjoy your stay, Wrecked At The Reef, Capones, The Peer and Mermaids have great food and are always a must stop for us. Wrecked is our Sunday NFL stop.
You're right, yhe weather does take a toll on the RVs, but I figure it's the price one pays to be at the beach. For a very small fee, the PDO crew tows my rig to my space, sets it up, and takes it down when I leave. The time savings and convenience are unbeatable for the price. Towing home isn't an option, so I do the best I can to keep up with the maintenance. Fortunately, I know many talented folks down there who help me take good care of things. We always try to hit Wrecked & JJ's, and we're regulars at Pink Cadillac, Pane e Vino, and Capone's is our "Cheers"! Highly recommend Pedro's on the malecon -- Pedro is a great chef
Old 10-21-2022, 03:37 AM   #5
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN.
Old 10-21-2022, 06:56 AM   #6
bsmith0404

BTW, that’s New Mexico’s beach as well.
Old 10-21-2022, 08:15 AM   #7
Parked in Peñasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
BTW, that’s New Mexico’s beach as well.
Yes, indeed it is! Love it there!
Old 10-21-2022, 08:37 AM   #8
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parked in Peñasco View Post
Yes, indeed it is! Love it there!
We’ll be back down there in March for some fishing action. Wish we could make it in Nov, for the rally, but I’m having surgery.