Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2022, 08:48 PM   #1
Rmbrumley

Dometic furnace wont start in command

Hopefully somebody can help. A/c’s run fine , change to heat on incommand and no furnace operation. Few calls to in command they say gate way bad….replace gateway same problem. I jumped the blue thermostat wires at the furnace and furnace wires up and works fine. I’m about to buy a manual thermostat and run my furnace from there instead of through incommand system. Any thoughts? When I switch from a/c to heat I hear a relay click in rear a/c unit which is normal but the a/ c is not telling the furnace to turn on. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Rmbrumley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 09:19 PM   #2
Pharphr

I was going to install a regular thermostat as a backup to the iN-Command just in case something like what happened to you, happened to me. I have an Emerson thermostat that would have worked. Not sure of the part number. Its in the trailer now. I can look tomorrow if that will help. Like you already know, the furnace starts when those wires are shorted.
Pharphr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 12:50 AM   #3
ChuckS

Since you haven't stated year,make,model of your TT NOR the brand of A/C unit I will guess at your issue...

The gateway isn't what is causing the issue for that Zone ( rear A/C ) to not turn the furnace on..

Instead you need to look at the CONTROL BOARD for that A/C unit.. there is a relay that controls the two blue wires ( Signal Wires ) to complete the circuit so that the furnace mounted control board knows to turn the furnace on

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 05:32 AM   #4
Rmbrumley

ChuckS

2019 Keystone 361RLW with Dometic a/c and Dometic furnace, replaced gateway already. When I change the a/c to Heat at the panel I do hear a relay click at the a/c unit that controls the furnace. I made sure the dip switch setting was same as old gateway #2 is on . Any thoughts or ideas or wiring diagram would be appreciated.
Rmbrumley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, furnace