Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2022, 09:02 AM   #1
Joepr

Backflow Preventer location for 2021 Outback 328 RL

Where is the backflow preventer valve located in a 2021 Outback 328 RL? Have to replace it. Thanks.
Joepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 09:20 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Looking at your floorplan, I'd suspect it's under the vanity. Open the vanity door and count the PEX lines you see. If there's 2, then the valve is not under the vanity. If there's 4 lines (probably 1 blue/1 red and 2 white) then the valve is located at the "top of the white PEX lines" way up next to the faucet connections behind the sink bowl. PEX colors may vary, depending on what was available at the factory on the day your trailer went down the assembly line.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 09:34 AM   #3
Joepr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Looking at your floorplan, I'd suspect it's under the vanity. Open the vanity door and count the PEX lines you see. If there's 2, then the valve is not under the vanity. If there's 4 lines (probably 1 blue/1 red and 2 white) then the valve is located at the "top of the white PEX lines" way up next to the faucet connections behind the sink bowl. PEX colors may vary, depending on what was available at the factory on the day your trailer went down the assembly line.
I will look under the sink next time Im at the rig, however yesterday in the AM, during black tank dump, i connected the water hose to the black tank flush and turned on water. Water started coming out in the area below the panel where city water/tank/black tank flush connector is or left rear panel.
Joepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 10:00 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Look under the sink as John suggested and hopefully (probably) it's there. On that trailer looks like they put the convenience center clear at the back away from your bath and kitchen. I assume because the fresh water tank is back there. I've had the backflow quit and it just blew back water from the hose connection. In your case, once you fix it, you might check the connections behind that convenience center box and make sure everything is tight. I would expect if the pressure backed up to a loose connection behind that box it would leak out right where you said.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outback, vent