Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2022, 02:54 PM   #1
IllNate

210rs is this water damage or just delamination?

I just bought a 2012 Outback 210RS, this is the one with the bed that slides out the rear. I got it at a bit of discount because the rear skin is bubbled at the back. It seems like the skin is delaminated, but the sealant looks good and there's no window or anything at the back that would be prone to leaking.

But I'm not so sure this is water damage now that I'm looking more closely, is this normal on this trailer? I can't see any other signs of water ingress. Would be a shame to pull it all apart to find that it's just cosmetic.

Thanks,
Nate
IllNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 03:04 PM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllNate View Post
I just bought a 2012 Outback 210RS, this is the one with the bed that slides out the rear. I got it at a bit of discount because the rear skin is bubbled at the back. It seems like the skin is delaminated, but the sealant looks good and there's no window or anything at the back that would be prone to leaking.

But I'm not so sure this is water damage now that I'm looking more closely, is this normal on this trailer? I can't see any other signs of water ingress. Would be a shame to pull it all apart to find that it's just cosmetic.

Thanks,
Nate
Take some pictures and post them…and welcome to the forum
Old 04-18-2022, 03:28 PM   #3
IllNate

Was kind of difficult to convey in pictures. Here's a video:

https://vimeo.com/700613650

Pretty significant bulging.
Old 04-18-2022, 03:32 PM   #4
jasin1

Someone with experience will probably respond …I’d make a exploratory hole on the inside and use a video boroscope to inspect it ..may be able to glue up from the inside or just let it go.

Probably get more responses if you add delaminating or something to that effect in the title ..should be able to add that
Old 04-18-2022, 03:38 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

That video didn't really make it clear as far as what is going on. I do think that the filon in back isn't as snug as it should be. I saw an actual picture of the rear of that model and it didn't bulge. On many Keystone models, the filon is kept in place by the rear turn signals, window, etc and I don't believe it is glued down. Not sure why but they often have some bulge in places but not to that extent. I think folks who are smarter than I am will jump in and suggest what to do. You might want to actually take a picture of the rear of your camper so the things that should be holding the filon in place are shown.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 03:51 PM   #6
IllNate

Some photos:

https://ibb.co/fSWCRSg
https://ibb.co/KzdmtS7

Old 04-18-2022, 04:32 PM   #7
jasin1

Almost looks like it was pushed out from inside..maybe a stuck slide and someone tried to kick it out

Tags
damage, water damage, water