Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2022, 01:29 PM   #1
wlb48

Large Slide Issue

Have a 2015 Keystone Bullet Premier TT. Has a cable slide system. Recently the large living / dining slide (12 feet) stops several times while retracting. I can wait 10 seconds, hit the button and it starts again. Will do this 3-4 times before being fully retracted. It extends just fine with no stopping. It’s only this large slide that does it. The smaller slide for the kitchen is fine, as is the 18-foot awning.

I did replace the two switches / reset breakers (whatever you call them) on the lower front of the trailer between the ‘A’ of the tow tongue. Didn’t fix it. Did read in some forum to replace the large silver reset breaker in my fuse panel inside the trailer. There isn’t one of those in my fuse panel.

Sure seems to me there’s a reset breaker somewhere that’s tripping, especially since it starts up again after a few seconds. Anyone experienced this issue before. Any solution suggestions ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
wlb48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 06:41 AM   #2
Northofu1

I would check what the amperage of the circuit breaker was that you replaced.
I'm not sure if you bought the unit brand new or not, but if used I would not rely on a dealership to check and rectify any items on trade in. I had the same trailer as you once, same year. First major trip the tongue jack gave up on me first night stopover. checked inline fuse was blown, worked for a few times then blew again, canvassed forum and was informed that fuse was supposed to be a 30a, came from dealer with a 20a. Also the nut for manual deploy /retract was not there. Didn't even have that option.
If you are not mechanically inclined I would call a mobile rv tech to figure it out. If you are, check motor with multimeter to see what the draw is.
It's bad enough trying to figure out (and fix)what the factory sent, let alone some owner that liked to "tinker" but had no idea what he/she was doing. Good luck

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 11:14 AM   #3
wlb48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northofu1 View Post
I would check what the amperage of the circuit breaker was that you replaced.
I'm not sure if you bought the unit brand new or not, but if used I would not rely on a dealership to check and rectify any items on trade in. I had the same trailer as you once, same year. First major trip the tongue jack gave up on me first night stopover. checked inline fuse was blown, worked for a few times then blew again, canvassed forum and was informed that fuse was supposed to be a 30a, came from dealer with a 20a. Also the nut for manual deploy /retract was not there. Didn't even have that option.
If you are not mechanically inclined I would call a mobile rv tech to figure it out. If you are, check motor with multimeter to see what the draw is.
It's bad enough trying to figure out (and fix)what the factory sent, let alone some owner that liked to "tinker" but had no idea what he/she was doing. Good luck
Thanks. Certainly the reset breakers were new. Don’t know why they wouldn’t be. And yes they’re the correct amperage and voltage.
But thx for the story about your jack issues anyway.
wlb48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 12:10 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

You posted that you did replace the DC mini-breakers on the trailer front bulkhead. They usually corrode over time and can cause the problem you're having. Actually, any corrosion in the entire wiring system can cause the issue. When you had the wiring terminals off the DC mini-breakers, did you clean corrosion off the ring terminals and did you check the crimps for corrosion under the plastic insulators ??? If not, you may have a corroded/loose crimp connector.

Also, remove the negative battery cable where it's bolted to the trailer frame, clean any rust/corrosion from that connection and then reinstall it tightly.

I've found, through the years, that a loose ground or a corroded connection can cause the same symptoms as a bad DC mini-breaker... When the demand for amperage goes up, the corrosion/loose connection causes the breaker to heat up and open..... It looks like a "breaker problem" but in reality is a bad connection problem....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 12:12 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Is your trailer in Ruidoso? If so, is it level? If not the slide can get in a bind and cause those resetting breakers to overheat and reset. Knowing how hilly and steep it is in Ruidoso, and that it just began recently, I thought this may have happened after you moved the trailer or something like that?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide