Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2022, 02:04 PM   #1
judieb68

Solar 2022 cougar 316 rls

I have 2 200 watt panels and 2 -12 batteries parallel. I have used the solar a couple of times at night only. Running 12v fridge cpap at night and water heater. Problem is the batteries have died after about 6 hrs. It did this both nights.

Now that I am not using solar, shore power only, the solar is still charging the batteries every day. Does that mean that the batteries are not holding a charge? Or is this normal?

I have attached a photo of victron solar history of a day.

Any input greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220316-164803.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	38786  
judieb68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 02:18 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Without knowing what size 12 volt batteries you have, it's difficult to advise. Two GP24 batteries will have SUBSTANTIALLY less power to deliver than two GP31 batteries...

One thing to consider is your CPAP. If you're running it through an inverter and operating it on 120 VAC, there is "some power loss through the inverter. PLUS, if you've got the water heater circuit and tube heater circuit powered on, those functions use a tremendous amount of power and likely would discharge a couple of "cheap dealer supplied GP24 batteries in 6-8 hours of use.

On the other hand, if you have larger, better type batteries, you may have problems with the solar charging system or an issue with battery failure....

Hard to know for sure, but "two dealer cheapies and a CPAP with the humidity and tube warming systems powered on" will put a heavy load on the battery charge...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, solar