Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2022, 08:18 AM   #1
maccam1

Tire rotation

Does anyone rotate there tires on there travel trailer.
maccam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:20 AM   #2
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccam1 View Post
Does anyone rotate there tires on there travel trailer.
Every time I pack the wheel bearings, so every year. Just move them to the other axle on the same side.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:33 AM   #3
travelin texans

Same here! Annually when packing wheel bearings. But I swap sides on opposite axles, front to rear right to left.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 09:43 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Never saw the need myself. The tires have always worn evenly but I'm not putting tens of thousands of miles on our trailer every year either. The purpose on tire rotation is to "even out the wear. If the axle (s) are straight and in alignment then the wear should be even. If one or more tires are worn differently then something is wrong.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:16 AM   #5
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Never saw the need myself. The tires have always worn evenly but I'm not putting tens of thousands of miles on our trailer every year either. The purpose on tire rotation is to "even out the wear. If the axle (s) are straight and in alignment then the wear should be even. If one or more tires are worn differently then something is wrong.
The only difference is the amount of weight on each tire. Granted difference are small, but even a couple hundred lbs can change wear characteristics over several thousand miles. I don’t go to the extreme of swapping sides, I know the kitchen side has more weight, but figure I can at least let the tires on the same side share the same lifestyle. Since I lift both tires on the same side for packing wheel bearings, it’s just a matter of putting them back on in the other position when done, no additional effort.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:36 AM   #6
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
For me it's just SOP when taking the wheels off any of my vehicles, not necessarily due to wear, to put them back in a different location.
The car dealer where my car has free oil changes & rotation rotate the tires at every oil change, every 5000+/- miles, as part of the service.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:20 PM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
For me it's just SOP when taking the wheels off any of my vehicles, not necessarily due to wear, to put them back in a different location.
The car dealer where my car has free oil changes & rotation rotate the tires at every oil change, every 5000+/- miles, as part of the service.
Sure truck or car tires I get rotated as they will wear differently because the steer axle will wear more than the rear axle. Those are completly different dynamics. All I'm saying is I personally have never found the benefit with my trailers.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote