Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2022, 11:06 AM   #1
Chasesenini

New Member with Questions

Hi everyone i recently bought a 2002 Outback 25Rs and love the layout, im working through a number of mods i'd like to complete and am looking for some feedback.
1st the under counter clock stereo i'm looking to replace with a DVD/CD/Bluetooth unit and wondering if anyone had any luck. Also where is the best location for mounting a tv bracket that wont fail? thanks everyone
Chasesenini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 04:47 AM   #2
spicercars

Might want to post this under travel trailers for a better response. Welcome from northern MN.
Old 03-11-2022, 06:56 AM   #3
bsmith0404

The stereos are basically just a car stereo. As long as you have connections on the back of the new stereo to connect to the TV, shouldn’t be an issue doing the swap. Might be a good idea to check the connections on the back to make sure they’re compatible between the two I units or get an adapter if you can find it, instead of cutting and splicing wires.

As for mounting the TV, you should only mount them at the designated spot marked with the TV mount sticker on the wall. Keystone puts plates behind the wall to reinforce it for the weight of the TV. If you want to mount one somewhere else, you can, but you will need to put a piece of plywood or something between two wall studs to hold the weight of the TV, the wallboard itself will not.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 07:41 AM   #4
CedarCreekWoody

One and done.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 07:48 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

I believe the radio is mounted under the counter as a packaged unit with the speakers and everything in one unit. Although expensive, I think Bose still makes an undercounter mounted unit.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 09:55 AM   #6
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I believe the radio is mounted under the counter as a packaged unit with the speakers and everything in one unit. Although expensive, I think Bose still makes an undercounter mounted unit.
Depends on which radio he has. Some are just single or double din car stereos. I’m not sure what the OP has in the Outback, probably a Furrion unit and I can’t remember how they’re set up. I guess we’ll probably never know since he posted this question on 27 Feb and today is the first time we have tried to provide an answer. I’m actually a little surprised it doesn’t already have a CD/DVD/Bluetooth setup.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:08 AM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Depends on which radio he has. Some are just single or double din car stereos. I’m not sure what the OP has in the Outback, probably a Furrion unit and I can’t remember how they’re set up. I guess we’ll probably never know since he posted this question on 27 Feb and today is the first time we have tried to provide an answer. I’m actually a little surprised it doesn’t already have a CD/DVD/Bluetooth setup.

Did they even put Furrion units in RVs in 2002? I don't recall them. From what I can find they didn't start business until 2010.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 10:18 AM   #8
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Did they even put Furrion units in RVs in 2002? I don't recall them. From what I can find they didn't start business until 2010.
Good question, never thought about the 2002 part. Guess that explains why it doesn’t have Bluetooth. That makes me think it’s probably even more likely that it’s just a regular car stereo in an Outback that old. I don’t know if I’ve actually ever been inside an Outback from that era. Guess I’m getting dyslexic, I thought it said 2020
Old 03-11-2022, 10:54 AM   #9
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Good question, never thought about the 2002 part. Guess that explains why it doesn’t have Bluetooth. That makes me think it’s probably even more likely that it’s just a regular car stereo in an Outback that old. I don’t know if I’ve actually ever been inside an Outback from that era. Guess I’m getting dyslexic, I thought it said 2020
I was basing my post on the several units that I found for sale that had interior videos and photos.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:11 AM   #10
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I was basing my post on the several units that I found for sale that had interior videos and photos.
I think those are just a double din car stereo mounted into a speaker box. Have never had one apart so not really sure.
Old 03-11-2022, 01:27 PM   #11
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
I think those are just a double din car stereo mounted into a speaker box. Have never had one apart so not really sure.
The ones I've seen from that era are not but I've not taken one apart but the are obviously buil as an intregal unit. Jensen makes a similar unit that is a single DIN unit that they market for use in farm tractor cabs but I've not seen a double Din built that way. Not saying it doesn't exist, but I'm not aware of any.