Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2021, 05:31 AM   #1
Larry G

Furnace Differential Temperature

I have a 2020 Cougar 30 RLS and the furnace seems to cut back on right after it cuts off. Is there any way to change the thermostat temperature differential with iN·Command? Constant on/off is keeping me awake all night. Also every time the furnace cuts on the motion light by the steps turns on. I have tape over the sensor and it still turns on.
Larry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 05:45 AM   #2
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry G View Post
I have a 2020 Cougar 30 RLS and the furnace seems to cut back on right after it cuts off. Is there any way to change the thermostat temperature differential with iN·Command? Constant on/off is keeping me awake all night. Also every time the furnace cuts on the motion light by the steps turns on. I have tape over the sensor and it still turns on.
Is that Come Back On?
When running on gas a furnace runs a cool down cycle to cool the heat exchanger. If it cold enough by the time that is finished the temperature may have dropped, or you have a heat sensor directly in line with a heat register. So it get up to temperature quickly, then the cool down cycle brings the temperature down enough to call for heat.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 06:15 AM   #3
ChuckS

Answer to your differential setpoint.. NO.. the basic differential is about 2 degrees.. locate the remote tempo sensor that will be somewhere on one of your walls and remove its cover and verify the sensor is mounted outside the wall.. if its mounted inside the wall its getting a much different temp reading instead of the room ambient air temp...

First image shows a remote temp sensor mounted inside the wall.. if mounted like this its incorrect and needs to be repositioned as shown in second image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (180).png
Views:	91
Size:	853.9 KB
ID:	36953   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (181).png
Views:	78
Size:	717.6 KB
ID:	36954  

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 06:26 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

As for your motion light my guess would be that it's on the same 12 vdc circuit as the furnance and it's reacting to the drop in voltage when the fan comes on. I would trace that wire back from the light and pick up a different 12v dc source.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace