Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2021, 06:36 AM   #1
Brantlee

fuzion v29 awning led light

My awning led lights quit working and I have found the issue There is a broken wire by the camper but I cannot find the other end on the awning to be able to make the repair. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Brantlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 08:10 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If it was the ground wire, there may not be another "end to connect to"... Many/most ground wires use the chassis as the conductor. So, that broken wire may have had a terminal crimped to it and placed under a mounting screw/bolt or under one of the machine bolts on the vertical arm of the awning.

I'd first use a VOM to check for power on the broken wire. Check it with the switch on and off. If there's power, there's another end somewhere, keep looking. If there's no power using the volt meter, then turn the switch off and use the ohm meter to check for continuity between the broken wire and chassis ground. My guess is that using the ohm meter, you'll find continuity, indicating it's the ground wire. Put another crimped terminal on it and connect it to a "known good ground on the awning assembly.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:18 AM   #3
Brantlee

wire

It is a red and black wire and there is power to it when the switch is on
Brantlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 12:40 PM   #4
Vinnie

Hey, you're ahead of me! Mine has never worked. Neither awning. Is yours broken on both, or just one?

Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, fuzion, led, light