Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2021, 10:40 AM   #1
JOglesby

Another newbie question - plumbing

We recently purchased a new 2021 bullet 290bhs kinda on a whim without much research. We love it but I got some questions. Keystone's website states the unit has 1 grey holding tank with a 60 gallon capacity. However it clearly has 2, there are 2 drain/dump connections. Am I to assume we have 2 - 30 gallon tanks? They do seem to fill up quick, mindful we really aren't being water conscious at this point while learning everything. Also I am trying to figure out where everything (tanks) are actually located as it does have the enclosed underbelly. Also wondering which tank the bathroom sink drains to. Does a set of build drawings exist?
JOglesby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 11:00 AM   #2
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOglesby View Post
We recently purchased a new 2021 bullet 290bhs kinda on a whim without much research. We love it but I got some questions. Keystone's website states the unit has 1 grey holding tank with a 60 gallon capacity. However it clearly has 2, there are 2 drain/dump connections. Am I to assume we have 2 - 30 gallon tanks? They do seem to fill up quick, mindful we really aren't being water conscious at this point while learning everything. Also I am trying to figure out where everything (tanks) are actually located as it does have the enclosed underbelly. Also wondering which tank the bathroom sink drains to. Does a set of build drawings exist?
No drawings.. Yes 2... thirty gallon tanks Shower & bath sink into one with 3" drain line.. Kitchen into the one with 1-1/2" drain line..
Javi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 07:08 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Looking at your trailer floorplan, the black tank (30 gal) sits directly under the toilet and spans the trailer from side to side. There are two 30 gallon gray tanks, one adjacent to the black tank (also oriented side to side) and one under the galley. It also is 30 gallons and oriented side to side.

All tanks have drain valves on the roadside and are sloped to drain in that direction. The gray tanks have a 1.5" drain line and the black tank has a 3" drain line, so they are fairly easy to identify based on how big the drain line that's attached to the tank.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, plumbing