Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2021, 07:34 AM   #1
Vernerjoe28

Electrical Red Wire conectors

Hi
I own a 2019 Bullet 19 RBPS and noticed the two wire conectors with covers atached to the front frame bellow the front cap nex to the batteries
Can someone give some info on them ?
The wires come from the positive of the batery and go in the harness to the camper Other comes fro inside of Camper and goes to the power jack
I dont know if they are breakers or just wire conectors

Also, not related, do the two Gray Water Tnanks go conected to each other ?
When one fills up does it go to the other?
Is one for kitchen and the second for Bathroom sink ?
Thanks in advance for the help
Verner
Vernerjoe28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 07:43 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Those red covered connectors are circuit breakers. Most likely auto resetting, and if you have electric stabilizer jacks it might be for them.

If you have 2 gray tanks they will be seperate, and depending on your fooorplan you may have 2 seperate outlets.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 07:49 AM   #3
travelin texans

The red capped things are 12 volt circuit breakers to usually the tongue jack, stabilizers or other 12 volt items on your rv.
As for the grey tanks, NO they are not connected together, they fill separately from wherever they are plumbed to kitchen or bath. You can however purchase a twist on valve to install before connecting your sewer hose to the rv & by keeping it closed you can open both grey valves so that they will equalize, be sure to keep black valve closed when doing this & to close both grey valves before dumping the black.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:03 AM   #4
wiredgeorge

This is the marvel of engineering Danny referred to. I have two gray tank valves and one black tank. The one gray tank valve is up under my slide and behind the rear driver side tire on my camper. Having to crawl under there with the slide out extended is for a younger guy so I have one of the valves mentioned and open the gray (galley) tank valve when setting; I also open the other two as well and keep my Valterra twist on drain valve shut till I want to dump. I have found that keeping gray tank valves open has little gnats come up from the sewer and get into the cabin of my camper. No bueno. I had to spray a number of times after the invasion to clear the cabin of gnats. No bueno. This link is to show the product which you can likely find cheaper if you shop around.
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Waste-Va...nt=30%20-%2060
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:23 AM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
This is the marvel of engineering Danny referred to. I have two gray tank valves and one black tank. The one gray tank valve is up under my slide and behind the rear driver side tire on my camper. Having to crawl under there with the slide out extended is for a younger guy so I have one of the valves mentioned and open the gray (galley) tank valve when setting; I also open the other two as well and keep my Valterra twist on drain valve shut till I want to dump. I have found that keeping gray tank valves open has little gnats come up from the sewer and get into the cabin of my camper. No bueno. I had to spray a number of times after the invasion to clear the cabin of gnats. No bueno. This link is to show the product which you can likely find cheaper if you shop around.
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Waste-Va...nt=30%20-%2060

That Valterra valve has proven pretty elusive since we decided to shut down our economy. That price you posted is almost double what it used to be but looks like pretty much the going price now.....if you can find one. I've found one source that seems to have them in stock but the supplier is the same company for Walmart and Amazon. A very short time ago Amazon said it was out of stock so who knows how long it will be available. Maybe it's another covid induced shortage like toilet tissue and paper goods?? The correlation? I have no idea.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:29 AM   #6
Vernerjoe28

Thank you for your help
I appreciate the knowlege
V
Old 05-26-2021, 09:29 AM   #7
Vernerjoe28

Thanks for thd answer
V