Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2021, 06:53 AM   #1
ErickW

Furnace won't start at all

2011 Montana, haven't looked at brand of furnace, but I suspect a Dometic.

Recently the furnace has stopped working, will not even try to kick on, don't hear any clicking. Thermostat starts the AC, so I don't think it's that (at least from what I've read on other posts)

Any thoughts on what I should check before I start looking for a replacement?
ErickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:23 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If the furnace fan won't start, but you hear clicking in the Air Conditioner, my first check would be the fuse panel in the power center. Check the one labeled "FURNACE".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:24 AM   #3
ErickW

I actually just checked all the fuses, they are all good.
ErickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:30 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

You need to access the furnace. If it has the large rectangle cover on the outside, take it off and look for the reset switch. If it doesnt then you may have to pull the furnace from inside the coach. If you can locate the 4 wires going to the furnace I would check for 12V there. The blue are the thermostat signal so you can disregard them at the moment.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:16 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

If the furnace is not working at all, not clicking, not turning on, the first question to answer is: Is it getting power?"... If the fuses are all good, then the next step, as Chuck posted is to go to the "furnace connection on the unit" and verify whether or not there is 12 VDC at the furnace (and while there, push the reset button). Next, if that is "all good" is to start "digging into the furnace control system, part of which is in the air conditioner (on the roof) as well as the thermostat....

But, typically, if the controls are functional, you'll get some "clicking or a fan running" in the furnace.... With all that "missing", I'd tend to focus on input power to the unit.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:39 AM   #6
Windwill

Did you ever resolve this? I’m having the same issue. I only hear one click in the AC unit when I switch to furnace on my thermostat. Then nothing happens. I just had the control board replaced on my thermostat so I know that is good. Question: The reset switch. There is a reset position and an off position. Should the switch be in between those two? I’m not home right so I’ll have to check this later.
Windwill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace