Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2020, 09:17 PM   #1
grey ghost

Kitchen drain 3121RL

Anyone out there that owns a 3121 Montana than can explain why those engineers put the kitchen drain pull under the frame by the tire instead of up where the other two are located. I would like to speak with that guy that designed that! I'm at the point I really do not LILKE getting on my hands and knees to take care of things. It's not the getting down there, it's all about getting back up!! Why would someone design something like that on a high end coach is beyond me. Has anyone came up with a fix they would like to share! Guess I'm just wanting or asking for to much, but really! Go figure
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:30 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I know they do it for ease of build and cost considerations but those things under the RV are just a true pain. Our last trailer had black/grey under the trailer...back there. The galley was through the frame in front of the wheels. I could get under there to pull the main 2 but then we had to have a step stool etc. for me to get back up...DW ended up doing them all to my chagrin.

When we started shopping for a new trailer that was one of my main considerations. Really liked the Cougar 315rls until I had the salesman send me a pic of the drain pulls...a no go. Same went for most of the ones we looked at. This one has the main 2 in the convenience center then the galley, which is still through the frame, has a door made into the J panel so you just open it then reach in and pull it.....something I appreciate a lot now that I'm back to doing it all the time.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:40 PM   #3
wiredgeorge

Suggestion. Valterra makes a drain that connects onto your final sewer outlet and you can then connect your drain hose to it. I get to a campground and open my galley tank drain before I put the slide out as once the slide is out, you have to slither under slide and to the rear of the driver's side back tire and open it. I found this more than inconvenient as there are generally rocks and fire ants under there in many Texas campgrounds. Thus, I open once and close once at departure at any campground stay. The additional Valterra valve will also prevent dibbles when you first hook up the hose if you have ever experience that bit of fun.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 05:52 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

There are electric valves so you can do it all from inside.

https://drainmaster.com/rv/products/mini-view2

Valterra also makes them.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:08 AM   #5
Javi

Yeah, my last trailer Cougar '15 333MKS had the galley tank valve more than a arm's reach under the trailer and pointed inward to boot.. so it always required me to lay on my back to reach it.. The new Avalanche all three valves are side by side in the convenience/control center, that alone sold me on this trailer..

I was always going to buy a cable valve for the galley and mount it with the other two... but never did... now I don't have to..
Old 11-20-2020, 07:56 AM   #6
Sarge2

Getting to the pulls is fine on my Passport 2600 it's getting the darn dump hose hooked up.. they sit too far back under the trailer...I finally added black 10" extensions to the valves ends and now I can hook up the hose without crawling around which isn't pretty at a dump site... I'm sure electric valves would be a nice touch but this works good..
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 08:47 AM   #7
ewbldavis

My front black is in wet bay - other 3 pulls are in frame under slides.

Definitely on point with climbing under there - less than convenient. I'm also likely going to add some valves to the plumbing - I'm not a fan of the cables, etc. and want a plan "B".

Eddy

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L
2020 Cougar 32BHS
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain