Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2021, 05:01 PM   #21
nellie1289

So I am mid trip on my inaugural trip with 3854BR. . I first purchased the Furriion S 5” monitor and rear camera October 28, 2020, the day I bought my trailer, from my dealers parts department. I subsequently purchased the two side view cameras in February 2021. My cameras work great(when working), but my monitor on the other hand is a totally unreliable. I need to get a replacement monitor I believe. When I first connect the monitor to the cigarette lighter, the monitor comes on, then shuts off with no signal to any of the cameras. As I drive down the road, with lights on, it will then suddenly comes on, and stay on, sometimes it works fine for like 3 hours, until I stop and shut the truck and lights off. The second I shut the truck off it won’t stay connected again to the cameras when I turn it back on, then eventually it will comes back on maybe an hour later, and the cycle repeats. Of course it never works when I really need it like backing into tight spot! And yes I do have the lights on at all times. I have a 2014 ram 3500 tow vehicle. The rear and side cameras are paired no problem and like I said, the monitor just randomly connects for long intervals but there are times where it won’t connect at all(but the monitor is on and says no signal). When it is connected, the rear camera usually has 1-2 bars and the front side cameras have 4 bars typically. This is likely due to the length of the trailer. I am going to reach out to furrion for a replacement monitor as that seems to be the problem.
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 05:51 PM   #22
Nankipoo

Not to derail the thread, but I'm looking at some cameras for mine. My front marker lights are vertical. Can these be turned vertical instead of horizontal? The side marker ones.
Nankipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 09:28 AM   #23
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie1289 View Post
So I am mid trip on my inaugural trip with 3854BR. . I first purchased the Furriion S 5” monitor and rear camera October 28, 2020, the day I bought my trailer, from my dealers parts department. I subsequently purchased the two side view cameras in February 2021. My cameras work great(when working), but my monitor on the other hand is a totally unreliable. I need to get a replacement monitor I believe. When I first connect the monitor to the cigarette lighter, the monitor comes on, then shuts off with no signal to any of the cameras. As I drive down the road, with lights on, it will then suddenly comes on, and stay on, sometimes it works fine for like 3 hours, until I stop and shut the truck and lights off. The second I shut the truck off it won’t stay connected again to the cameras when I turn it back on, then eventually it will comes back on maybe an hour later, and the cycle repeats. Of course it never works when I really need it like backing into tight spot! And yes I do have the lights on at all times. I have a 2014 ram 3500 tow vehicle. The rear and side cameras are paired no problem and like I said, the monitor just randomly connects for long intervals but there are times where it won’t connect at all(but the monitor is on and says no signal). When it is connected, the rear camera usually has 1-2 bars and the front side cameras have 4 bars typically. This is likely due to the length of the trailer. I am going to reach out to furrion for a replacement monitor as that seems to be the problem.
I have a garmin rear view camera paired with my rv785... my screen will go blank/ dark if the camera drops out because of the distance away from the gps/display...it will just reacquire on its own randomly...could your monitor possibly be choosing the rear camera as the primary camera to see a signal? And when it doesn’t it won’t even bother to look for side cameras ? Maybe if it allows you to set the side cameras as 1st priority it will stay connected at least for that.. you may be able to order s signal booster for the rear
Old 03-19-2021, 10:43 AM   #24
marine9007

Better antennas will help signal loss if it is intermittent: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
USMC Veteran
marine9007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 12:38 PM   #25
Camping family

It cold be the distance between the monitor and the camera. Furrion sells an adapter that goes between your 7 way plug and the camper. I had to purchase one. I had the same problem it wasn’t the monitor it was the cameras loosing connection. Check with furrion they were helpful when I had the problem.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 06:45 AM   #26
nuctrooper

I have the furrion 5s on my Raptor 429. 45’ long, monitor in F450 crew cab. 4 cameras and they’re all bright and stay connected consistently. No extra adapters-so I wouldn’t jump on trailer length as the first option.
It sounds like the monitor, and hopefully furrion can help with that. BUT, there is one sneaky culprit. The cameras are powered by the truck through the 7-way, not by the trailer’s 12v system. If you have a poor power or ground in your 7way, the power may be flickering a bit to the running lights (and cameras). It may even be too fast to see the lights blink or flicker, but the circuit board and radio in the cameras can’t finish their boot cycle. One way to test that would be to wire a camera to a camper powered 12v source. The side cameras would be pretty easy to reach up and grab +\- and a switch to power up just one of them. If that one works and the others don’t, it’s a 7-way problem. If it still behaves like current, it’s a monitor problem.
nuctrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:02 PM   #27
nellie1289

After my 2000 mile trip to Palm Springs to fully use and test the unit, reached out to Furrion, and they think its the monitor. They are sending me a new monitor under warranty, will report back with what i find when i get the new one. In my trip the Cameras would come on and stay on for like 3 hours at a time, it just took a while to connect, like sometimes an hour it would take, but once it did it stayed on until i shut rig down or turned lights off then the same problem would start again.
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
Old 04-16-2021, 07:46 PM   #28
Uncoolron

Very interesting, thread. I just learned something about the side cameras turning off after less than a minute. I should check my settings to make sure its default to 4 camera views. Thanks for the tip.
Uncoolron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:10 PM   #29
nellie1289

An update to this thread, the new monitor they sent me worked perfectly now. so it was definitely the monitor. Happy camper. They asked for the old monitor back for looking into why it failed "research reasons".
2021 Malibu 23 LSV

Tags
montana