Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
krazycouponchic

Question 2010 Keystone Laredo 293

This is my first travel trailer. It was winterized prior to my purchasing it so I have sanitized it as directed. The hot water heater has a bypass valve which I have located and opened to allow the water into the heater. I also verified that water was in the heater as directed. Mine works off of both gas and electric. Can someone tell me how to get hot water out of my faucet now?
krazycouponchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

First, let me welcome you to the forum. I'm guessing you are asking how to turn on the water heater ????? The switch inside should turn on the gas burner to heat the water. If you are sure the tank is full of water there is a small black switch under the burner in the outside compartment to turn on the electric element. This switch has a safety pin through it to lock it in the off position. Remove the pin and turn on.(circuit breaker in electric panel also needs to be turned on) Hope this is what you are looking for, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:34 AM   #3
krazycouponchic

Ok there is a black on off switch outside in the wh panel box. It is like a light switch. No pin. I have it on. My laredo is equipped to run gas or electric. I hooked up to city water and turn faucet outside on. I had to switch the bypass valve to on since it had been winterized. Then I heard water rush into the wh. Then I turned on the electric wh switch insite trailer and waited about 30 min for water to heat but no hot water. I did not do anything with the circuit breaker. Maybe that is problem?
krazycouponchic is offline   Reply With Quote