Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2017, 05:14 AM   #1
JPillivant

2017 Keystone 19FB Premier

We just purchased the 2017 Keystone 19FB Premier. We have had three other TT and we really love the layout of this one. Haven't taken it out yet, but will be real soon. Anyone else out there have this model and do you like it?
JPillivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:50 AM   #2
K.C. Jones

I just Googled up Your new RV...that is nice!! Cozy looking Floor Plan and a Very Nice looking Exterior..Good Luck with your new RV..

K.C.
K.C. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:41 AM   #3
Tbos

Nice rig. Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Enjoy the new memories you'll be creating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:14 AM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

to The Forum From Western PA

Congrats on your new Premier !! Enjoy !!

Be Safe and Happy Camping
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:35 AM   #5
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Enjoy your new rig!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2017 3500HD Silverado LTZ

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:23 AM   #6
66joej

Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC
Enjoy that nice Premier.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:16 PM   #7
SummitPond

Welcome to the forum and the Keystone family.

I assume you are referring to a 19FBPR.

We have a 2015 model and love it. We have been to several RV shows (most recently down near you in Ocala - basically looking for improvement ideas) and have not seen a floorplan in such a small trailer that we like better.

I hope the factory has changed the way they build shelving in the bathroom closet. On ours, the shelves were stapled onto the bottom of the 1-by supports that were screwed into the walls. Needless to say, one big bump and it broke through. When I put it back together the shelf was on top of the supports.

The only things we have done (so far) to "improve" the trailer are the following: We replaced the faucet in the bathroom; we found the spigot too close to the back side of the sink - it was difficult to get one's hands in there. We also added a toilet paper holder; affixed it to the underside of the medicine cabinet. We also used some Velcro and an old vinyl sign (covered to make it light-tight) over the door window; this makes it easy to block out light for sleeping yet let in the light during the day. I'm also working on a better towel holder for the bathroom door.

You might look for the separate thread/section under community/social groups dedicated to the 19FBPR. It's not used much, but there is some interesting info there.

Enjoy your new home on wheels. What's your TV?

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:00 PM   #8
JPillivant

Appreciate all the info on your experience. In the bathroom closet there are no shelves, just a large open space for having up clothes. There is also a door below that also has no shelves and we are putting towels in there. Thanks for the door window idea. We have a 32 inch tv with a sound board.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:32 AM   #9
SummitPond

JPillivant

Nomenclature! Sorry, I wasn't familiar with the abbreviations when I first joined the forum. TV is tow vehicle, not television. There's a list of abbreviations at http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...read.php?t=449. You can stick useful stuff like this (for the readers) in your signature area, that way when you ask a question related to your TT or TV it's already there and you don't have to repeat it a zillion times.

As for the shelving, I was referring to the bottom of the upper and lower closets. The upper one was the one that collapsed, and the DW (dear wife, another common abbreviation) didn't have it overloaded. There was a single storage container of a few towels sitting on the shelf, nestled under the clothes hanging on the rod.

My DW tells me I should remind you about checking the water level in your trailer's battery; I thought it was maintenance free like a car or truck battery, but it turns out ours wasn't.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:14 AM   #10
JPillivant

The TV thing threw me off, lol. I will have to out and take a closer look at the closet. The day we picked it up and had our walk through they mentioned then to check the water level of the battery, so many things to remember and keep an eye. Tell DW thanks.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:39 PM   #11
craign

J,

We own a similar Premier, the 22RBPR. While we like it, we quickly learned that several stapled plywood panels came loose during our trips. We used 1" long pocket hole screws to fasten anything that loosened. After 3 travel seasons, it seems like most loose panels are now secure. We still carry extra screws in case there are new issues.

Keep an eye on shelves, as their supports seem to be stapled instead of fastened properly. Plan on reinforcing them when you have time or after their support has given out. Sometimes this doesn't take very long.

I'm not sure how it is where you live, but we have encountered mice both at home and on the road. Keystone built our camper using a 3 or 4" hole saw to make room for small water hoses. Mice seem to like this like we like hallways and freeways. I covered all holes that I could find with either plywood or expandable foam. Mouse traps set out over the Winter aren't seeing the business that they did last year.

I hope you enjoy your model 19.

Regards,
Craig
craign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:15 PM   #12
JPillivant

Hi Craig,

What did you fasten the screws into? We live in Florida, how about you? Don't seem to have a mouse problem here.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:53 PM   #13
craign

J,

The loose panels were in places like dinette, bedroom closets, and panels under the bed. I was able to find studs to screw into. The loose staples were put into the same wood backing, but worked loose shortly after our travels began.

I live in southern Maryland, in the woods. When home, our camper is parked a short distance from wood piles we use for Winter heat. It's not unusual to find mouse nests there. While on the road, we acquired one or more mice at Assateague State Park on Maryland's eastern shore.

Be glad if you have no mice. Our encounters have not damaged the trailer but leave a bit of a mess to clean up. When our trips for the year are complete, all food and paper products (nest material) come into our house.

Regards,
Craig
Old 03-31-2017, 04:26 PM   #14
JPillivant

Thanks for the info Craig. What panels were loose with the dinette? I will have to take a closer look at the closets.

Fred
Old 04-01-2017, 03:32 PM   #15
craign

Fred,

Without looking at the camper, I remember the rear-most panel (adjacent to one of the pull-out drawers) was a culprit. Other panels may have been loose also, but I will need to go to the camper to check.

Basically, any piece of wood that is held in place by a staple could loosen eventually. We made a trip to Lowe's to buy a box of screws to use as needed. The screws travel with us.

Regards,
Craig
Old 04-01-2017, 05:48 PM   #16
JPillivant

Craig,

Appreciate the tip and will do a walk thru of all these areas.

Fred

Tags
keystone