Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2017, 11:36 AM   #1
KFM

Outback 316RL

Considering an Outback 316RL. Would value any opinions or experience with the Outback 316RL and Keystone customer service and quality. Thanks in advance for your feedback!
KFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:29 PM   #2
Tbos

I have a Passport and have had any major issues.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2014 Silverado 1500 LT in Deep Forest Green
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #3
cathcartww

We have a 2012 Outback 277RL that we bought very slightly used in 2012, that hasn't had any major problems, and have had no need to contact the dealer or manufacturer. Quality is quite good for the price point, but you have to expect some vinyl covered partical board, etc. Other than a few minor things like loose mouldings (just glued back in place), the only serious problem I had was that the vinyl edging on the kitchen counter was not caulked properly, and water got in and swelled the partical board. Not a hard fix to make it right, but was messy with all the sawdust, etc.

2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX Fifth Wheel
2018 F-250 4x4 Crew Cab 6.2L Gasser
cathcartww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:46 AM   #4
Bamacamper

we bought ours brand new and we love it, just some small problems but other than that we enjoy the camper.
Bamacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:48 PM   #5
TAZ23

We had a Outback 320BH That we bought new in march of 2012. Never had any major problems with it. We used it for 3 years (approx. 60 nights per year) and sold it to get our current Cougar. As stated before, just stuff like loose trim and a storage compartment seal. We never had to take it to the dealer for any repairs. Over all a very good trailer.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:20 AM   #6
tbfoxrdms

We have a 2016 Outback 326RL. We love it. Having said that, we have had nothing but problems. Air conditioner almost caught fire due to improperly installed wiring, we had a leak, we had to have the furnace repaired, we have a bad seal on one of our compartments, we have a loose wire on an outdoor light, and we had to have the bluetooth control module replaced.
Now, I'm not saying that to discourage you. In the history of "people buying things," someone has to get the lemon off the lot. And in my readings of many RV websites, shoddy manufacturing is standard. A used RV probably already had some fool (like me) pay to get all the manufacturing defects fixed. We try to not let the constant repairs discourage us, but every weekend we keep our fingers crossed that we finally fixed everything. (Yes, it was all covered under the warranty (except the leak), but we had to pay $75 service fee every time the tech came out.)

Enjoy your new RV!
Traci

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tbfoxrdms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:59 AM   #7
Billvb2017

We just bought the 2017 outback 330RL, It's close in comparison to the 316 except we have an outside kitchen. We love the layout and ease of operation. This is my first travel trailer with auto leveling and let me tell you , It's a must have. It make life so simple. Go for it and enjoy camping the outback way!!!!
Billvb2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:25 AM   #8
RDB

We have a 2012 Outback 301BQ; except for the brown front cap fading we have not had any major issues that required the dealer to repair. Numerous threads regarding front cap issues and Outback's silence regarding poor design/materials. I spend 10-16 hrs a year trying to keep (compounds & polish) the cap presentable. If you have a problem within the 12 month warranty you should be ok, afterwards your on your own.
RDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outback