Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2017, 04:16 PM   #1
silverbullet18

Opinions on Warranty Forever

So after many months of searching and going to camping shows I have finally made my choice on my TT upgrade. It is a Cougar Xllite 33 mls. Can't wait to pick it up on Monday. My biggest question is I have bought at a dealer that has the Warranty Forever offer and wanted to see if any of you have any experiences or opinions on this protection. I do know that every year after the initial one year bumper to bumper you have to have the dealer inspect all the major components to keep the warranty in tact. They told me this service is 330.00 dollars a year. That is roughly the same price as an extended warranty. Thought and opinions please.

Thomas and Becky
2016 Bullet 269RLS
2010 GMC Sierra 5.3
silverbullet18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 06:15 PM   #2
Tbos

Opinions on Warranty Forever

That is a real nice looking rig. Enjoy it. There have been several threads on this in the past. Lots of opinions both ways. The same goes for extended warranties. Read the fine print on warranty forever. I have it from my dealer and if I remember correctly it requires all service to be done at an authorized dealer. Theoretically that means you can't put extra sealant on your roof if needed or lube your axle bearings etc... I paid for the inspection this year since K had some other minor warranty work that was needed. I'm not happy with the results of the warranty work so I'm not sure how thorough of an inspection, cleaning of heater etc... they really did. Not sure if I'll pay for it again next year.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2014 Silverado 1500 LT in Deep Forest Green
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:07 AM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Nice rig !! Dealers in my area have started advertising buy here and get a forever warranty, was wondering what was the catch? I wonder how many if any mods you can do and still be covered?
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:38 AM   #4
fourfourto

My factory warranty exp june 2017 my dealer said $150. not $330 ? for service, im doing it his year ,ill decide if it worth it next year.
Any auth rv service can do it, going to keystone this year.

2017 Keystone 1750rd
2006 Hummer H3
1968 Oldsmobile 442
1983 Honda CX650C
fourfourto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:14 AM   #5
whitmw

I have called and talked to the company and honestly I was impressed with the people I talked to. Havent has to use it yet but I will take it back to my dealer if I do have a problem as they are the ones that included the warranty.
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:38 AM   #6
dcg9381

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
Nice rig !! Dealers in my area have started advertising buy here and get a forever warranty, was wondering what was the catch? I wonder how many if any mods you can do and still be covered?
There are two catches:
1) You have to have the RV serviced at the dealer, usually annually or better. You cannot self-maintain. So add these service costs into the price.

2) These are inclusionary warranties, meaning there is a list, of stuff that's included. If it's not in the list, it's not covered. Most of the items in the forever warranties that I've seen are relatively low dollar things.

If you're going to have the dealer maintain your rig to the tune of $300+ a year anyway, go for it. Just don't expect coverage of everything...
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty