Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2016, 03:12 PM   #1
Oceandoc

Programmable Power Distribution Unit

I am having a problem with what I am calling a programmable power distribution unit which is in the left front storage area of my 2010 Sprinter 276 RLS which I recently purchased., I have attached a picture of the unit. If anyone can tell me the correct name and a potential source of a replacement I would be most appreciative.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161001_124339PDU.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	11344  
Oceandoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:48 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Re: Programmable Power Distribution Unit

That's the "remote control unit". It is a "works or replace it" device with no maintenance or repair indicated. You should find that everything on your RV works "manually with switches" and/or "remotely with the remote control". You can buy a replacement remote control unit, but the decision comes down to "is it worth the cost" and "do I really need it". Depending on your answers, you can buy a replacement at www.trekwood.com

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:19 AM   #3
Oceandoc

JRTJH
Thank you so much for responding to my post. Your info is great and have already found the remote control unit at Trekwood. My RV is at my son's about 4 hrs await but next time I am there I will recheck everything and decide if I need the remote. I am so impressed with the Keystone RV Forum. As you can tell I am a new member and also new at travel trailer activities. Interesting that I tried the manual switches but could not get them to work. I used the hand crank to lower the stabilizer legs. Will double check to make sure power is getting to the switches. Not sure if there is an override switch or not for these manual switches. Thanks again for the info. Obviously I am low on the learning curve as to this Sprinter which is a very nice trailer - just have to learn how to make things work.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:31 PM   #4
bobbecky

With the rigs with the remote control systems, if the remote was last used operating things, and was not turned off, the system is still in remote control mode, and you will need the turn on the remote, and them turn it off to disengage the remote control function.
bobbecky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:01 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

If you have the remote control "hand unit", then use it to operate the individual components to the "off/closed" position, then the manual switches should work. If not, you may have an "internal malfunction" within the remote control unit in your picture. If there is a malfunction, one of the problems you "could encounter" is no power to the manual switches. You can "rewire" the remote control unit to bypass the remote control function by taking the +/- 12VDC wires from the terminals to which they are installed and rewire them to the +/- 12VDC "to manual switches" terminals. Be sure you maintain correct polarity or your manual switches will operate "backwards"...

Essentially, what you're doing with this "rewire" is bypassing the remote function. It's what I call a "limp home mode" to keep your trailer functional should the remote stop working.

Good Luck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 01-16-2017, 11:42 AM   #6
Oceandoc

Reprogramable Power Distribution Unit

JRTJH and Bobbecky
I appreciate your sharing your knowledge and helping me. I have used your jumper solution and was able to use all manual switches except the slideout switch. I then jumped directly to the slideout terminals on the remote control board and was able to get the slideout to work. By reversing the polarity I could also bring it back in. I would like to replace the remote control unit. I searched the trekwood site(your suggested site for replacements) and found the exact unit. After ordering it, trekwood can back to me, said it was not available, and Keystone recommended another unit. The recommended substitute unit has more inputs and outputs, several 10 to 30 amp fuses and three or more relay units on this board. I would like to get an original unit if possible. Can anyone help in finding such unit or another replacement part site that may have it in its inventory. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:57 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Your remote control is a LINC brand. It's manufactured in China (isn't everything these days?) and marketed by Lippert Industries in South Bend, IN.

You can find some information about one LINC remote control at this link: https://store.lci1.com/linc-remote-c...er-power-relay
I don't believe this is the specific one that is installed in your RV, but you can contact Lippert Industries at 574-537-8900 and discuss your needs with their service rep. You'll need as much information as possible when you contact them. Your RV VIN, year and model as well as the information on the ID tag on your failed remote control receiver.

If I were you, I'd talk to them initially about the best way to troubleshoot and confirm exactly what you need to replace. They may be able to walk you through some instructions for testing the system and possibly a reset capability that "MAY" (no guarantees) get your current receiver up and running without having to replace expensive components. In the event that you do need to replace anything, they are the "distributor" for the RV manufacturers and will sell to the public.

Good Luck !!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS