Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
accordionman

first time out

hi all, just a report on our first time out this past weekend with our new 269FWRET Coppper Canyon . all went well and we really do like this model. this is our first fifth wheel ,so backing and hitching and un hitching are a bit different than previous TT. i know it is a lot easier for hitching , but i keep remebering posts of pulling away with tow vehicle and 5er falling on the truck bed. didn't happen and hope it never does .
we especially enjoyed the electric fireplace to take the chill off . everything worked real well . i couldn't get the TV to pick up any air channels until i discoverd the booster in the bed room . pidked up about 25 channnels .

towed very good . using a 2013 Ram 2500 HD Hemi as my tow vehicle . averged 9 MPG . i think that will get better as engine breaks in . it has plenty of power. i can maintain 65 MPH on a level road turning only 2000 RPM'S does pull on the hills ,but that is to be expected . have 3 more trips planned before thinking of winterizing .

2013 Copper Canyon 269 FW RET
2013 Ram 2500 Hemi HD 6 Speed Tranny
Pull rite Superglide
accordionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #2
sdetweil

Long as you do the little pull test before u put the jacks up, you will never drop the trailer on the truck bed.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
barbarosss

tv booster

Where is the booster at on our first time out couldn't pick up any channels in our Copper Canyon Sprinter 252FWRLS. Love it so far waiting on the next trip.
barbarosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
Terry W.

Locater next to a coax connection for a TV. Sometimes there is a 12 volt plug in connection next to it. The booster has a little button you push on & off. It should turn on a green lite when turned on.
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote