Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
rdaily104

2013 Bullet Premier 31 BHFR Satellite Hookup

I picked up my new TT last weekend and the salesman said I have Satellite hookup to my camper. The back has one jack going into the trailer. It is not marked for anything. Does anyone know FOR sure that it does have this hookup. Also, I have 3 tv's in the camper and I am going to run Direct TV to all three with different receivers. I have a round dish with 3 LNB I think? What do I need to do for the inside of the camper. I know the outside hookup from the dish to the camper. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
rdaily104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
rdaily104

Need Help with Satellite.....

I picked up my new TT last weekend and the salesman said I have Satellite hookup to my camper. The back has one jack going into the trailer. It is not marked for anything. Does anyone know FOR sure that it does have this hookup. Also, I have 3 tv's in the camper and I am going to run Direct TV to all three with different receivers. I have a Multi-Satellite dish it has 4 coax cables in the back and 3 horns. What do I need to do for the inside of the camper. I know the outside hookup from the dish to the camper. I have attached pics to help.. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130429_104746.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	2948   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130429_104758.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	2949   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130429_105411.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	2950  
Old 04-30-2013, 03:19 AM   #3
rdaily104

Really need some help folks, I have been doing more research and also trial and error. I bought a signal meter, this is not working at all for me. I connected just the way the instructions said and the red light does not appear and the meter does not move. Also, does anyone know if H25 direct receiver works with 3 LNB 18X20 round multiswitch dish. I have heard conflicting information. Please help asap....
Old 04-30-2013, 03:23 AM   #4
rnkburg

I think only the main tv gets signal from the sat input. There is usually two outside connections, one for cable and one for sat. Being a 2013 I would think for sure it was sat. Ready. If your dealer doesn't know call keystone direct and ask them.

As far as the direct tv question about the boxes I would call direct and ask as well. I know there are different settings for each type of box.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:26 AM   #5
rnkburg

Try hooking your coax straight to the sat box and make sure you have signal before hooking into trailer that will eliminate one issue , and you will know if your box works.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:04 AM   #6
therink

If you have two coax inputs on outside of trailer, one is satellite in (usually to main TVs) and other is cable in that is tied into the same circuit as the rv antenna and signal amp. You can not run directv feed through any circuit with inline splitters or on same circuit as rv antenna. Feed has to be directly from sat to each individual receiver. There are mods that can be done using existing rv coax. Let me know if you need more information.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:41 AM   #7
GaryWT

Our 31BHPR has the one cable connection on the rear end, no sat connector. I did not ask about it as I only use the cable when available.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:38 AM   #8
rdaily104

It only has one connection. I have seen alot of mods on this issue. I am having trouble finding a signal straight to the receiver. I have the settings right on the dish now after hours of research...lol.... I bought a sate signal from Radio Shack and find out its junk. For some reason I cannot find a signal. After two days of messing with it I am very frustrated and decided to take a break before I throw all of it in the yard...Ha...
Old 05-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
1bacamaro

Direct tv has a signal meter built into the box. Go to sat setup and it walk you threw it. Put in what dish you have and zip code. It will give u a starting point to point your dish. Then go to signal meter. The tv will start to beep. When u start to get a good signal the beeps will get faster. It will also tell u what your signal strength is. You want to be a least 80%. If need more help call me at 239-207-1302
1bacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #10
DSpradlin

So confused

Our 2013 BHPR only has the one cable in connector on the back. I can hardly believe that a brand new camper would not already have a satellite connector outside. So, since we only have the cable in, how do we hook up the satellite without drilling holes in our new camper. We have purchased the Winegard GM1599 for DirecTV dish. Many thanks for your time!!
DSpradlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #11
GaryWT

My last camper did not have it either. I have never had it home or camping so do not know what it takes. Would check with the company you are going with.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote