Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2022, 06:48 PM   #1
Comandercody

2017 Keystone Raptor 44’ Toy Hauler slide issues

Cross posted from “Toy Hauler” section. We have owned it a year. Spent 5 months in it in Florida for the winter. Having issues with slides. Intermittent. In command panel will open sometimes and close sometimes. But not consistent. New agm coach battery. Won’t work when plugged into house power; won’t work when on generator power. Won’t work when attempting to over ride from the BCM panel in the belly storage. Research I have done points to a bad control board or bad in command panel. Both above my pay grade/expertise from
A replacement standpoint.

When attempting to open the master bedroom slide, from the in command panel, I can hear a “bump” “bump” when I press the screen, but no movement. When I try to close the same slide, the motor engages and it moves.

Any advice appreciated.

2017 Keystone Raptor 44’ Toyhauler
2017 F-350 Dually 6.7 Powerstroke
Comandercody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:17 PM   #2
bsmith0404

Sounds to me like it’s a bad control board. When the slides don’t open from the control panel or the override, that sounds like it’s going into travel lock. From what I’ve seen, there isn’t a way to bypass that. I even had a customer call Lippert and they told him to cut and jumper some of the wires, that didn’t work either. Replaced the boards and all was well. Have you tried resetting/removing all power from the system?

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 02:24 PM   #3
Comandercody

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Sounds to me like it’s a bad control board. When the slides don’t open from the control panel or the override, that sounds like it’s going into travel lock. From what I’ve seen, there isn’t a way to bypass that. I even had a customer call Lippert and they told him to cut and jumper some of the wires, that didn’t work either. Replaced the boards and all was well. Have you tried resetting/removing all power from the system?

Update: did some additional troubleshooting today. As suggested above I removed power from the board by unplugging from shore power and turning off the battery disconnect switch. Waited 5 minutes and turned power back on. Then rebooted the in command panel.

Of the 3 slides, the Kitchen(Slide 3) and Main(Slide 2) both go in and out from the in command panel AND from the over ride manual switch on the control board. The Master Bedroom(Slide 1) would only go “in”. I swapped the black square relays on the control board. Position 1 and 2 are Master Bedroom slide in and out. After swapping the black square relays, the Master Bedroom slide would go in and out from the manual switch on the control board, but would NOT go in OR out from the in command panel.
Old 06-04-2022, 02:36 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Those are relays. With the numbers printed on them you should be able to find a replacement. Maybe an auto parts store will have them.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 03:15 PM   #5
Comandercody

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Those are relays. With the numbers printed on them you should be able to find a replacement. Maybe an auto parts store will have them.
I’m sorry, I meant relays. If one relay is bad, would it affect the others on the board?
Old 06-04-2022, 03:45 PM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

One had relay shouldn’t affect the others, but I haven’t had to do a lot of troubleshooting on the in command system.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 06-05-2022, 05:24 PM   #7
Comandercody

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
One had relay shouldn’t affect the others, but I haven’t had to do a lot of troubleshooting on the in command system.
Thank you, another user mentioned that those relays should not be removed from the board, that I should replace the whole board, very pricey.

Any thoughts on that?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0537.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	40055  
Old 06-05-2022, 05:26 PM   #8
chuckster57
Site Team

I would try replacing the relays first.

Old 11-26-2022, 07:33 PM   #9
Comandercody

This issue has surfaced again. At best it has been intermittent. We didn’t use the camper the whole summer, now in Florida for the winter. Tried to bring the awnings in from the In Command panel this afternoon and both awnings would not come in. They went “out” with no issue the day before.

Tried each slide as well, bedroom would not come in, Main would come in but not go out, kitchen worked fine. Main is now in about 2 inches and will not go back out. So frustrating.

Any advice appreciated.

Tags
keystone, raptor, slide, toy hauler