Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2022, 10:56 AM   #21
Mikelff

I have one and it cut the noise substantially. It eliminates the dump and forces more air through the vent system. I like mine. It has noise absorbing material in the unit, plus the filter is washable. The other systems mentioned redirect the cold air into the duct system but do not have specific noise dampening material, but I'm sure it cuts some noise as well. Two completely different systems. I would recommend it for cutting down A/C noise.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 11:53 AM   #22
wiredgeorge

I had completely re-taped with HVAC tape and my RV Airflow box snugged right up to my opening for the vents. Mine were not recessed back and my cover fits correctly. I would contact the company asap with your complaint as they need to get this product right since they charge quite a bit for it. Since we live in S. TX and the heat can get pretty intense in the direct sun, I had completely gone over all the "hvac taping" (or not taped) that the factory had installed. The noise reduction comes from the dump feature being closed off and noise insulated by the styrofoam body.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 12:03 PM   #23
hlh1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I had completely re-taped with HVAC tape and my RV Airflow box snugged right up to my opening for the vents. Mine were not recessed back and my cover fits correctly. I would contact the company asap with your complaint as they need to get this product right since they charge quite a bit for it. Since we live in S. TX and the heat can get pretty intense in the direct sun, I had completely gone over all the "hvac taping" (or not taped) that the factory had installed. The noise reduction comes from the dump feature being closed off and noise insulated by the styrofoam body.

I'm wondering that with all the taping work I'd already done if I had just cut off the dump vent with a piece of flat 1/2 inch Styrofoam I would have had a similar noise reduction as with having their expensive foam piece?
hlh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 01:20 PM   #24
wiredgeorge

I taped off my plenum so there was NO leaking but the open area just didn't push as much air into my duct openings as the RVAirflow which gaskets my ducts pretty tightly. I never used the quick cool (bottom A/C open) and it was closed all the time. Could I have made one myself? Maybe but not work trying to fab one given how much time it would have taken me.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 06:55 AM   #25
Knight rider

Expensive but worth it

We bought one at the rally and are very pleased with the results. Like having the air going through the ducts and not dumping down on bed. Noise is probably cut in half.
Knight rider is offline   Reply With Quote