Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2022, 09:23 AM   #1
Funseeker Mike

Winterize Laundry Hookups 330RL

I just remembered a step in the winterization I missed. I have a 2022 328 rl with the washer dryer hookup in a front closet. I never have had a washer hooked up to the water supply. I didn’t think about running anti-freeze trough the lines when I winterized the camper. Wondering what you would do? Run some more anti freeze to those lines or do you think it would be ok since I never had water running through those lines?
Funseeker Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:07 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Those lines filled with water as soon as you connected a city water hose to the trailer. You'll need to address "winter protection" for that system, even though you never used it.

What many with washer/dryer connections in their trailer and who never have any desire to use the connections, is to locate the cold/hot water connections in the passthrough/underbelly (where they tee off for the washer fauctes) and install a cutoff valve or simply "cut and plug" the line so there's no water supply connected to it.

But, with what you currently have, I'd guarantee you that there is water in the lines and if you don't winterize them, in the spring you'll risk having to repair parts of the washer connection plumbing.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:12 AM   #3
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funseeker Mike View Post
I just remembered a step in the winterization I missed. I have a 2022 328 rl with the washer dryer hookup in a front closet. I never have had a washer hooked up to the water supply. I didn’t think about running anti-freeze trough the lines when I winterized the camper. Wondering what you would do? Run some more anti freeze to those lines or do you think it would be ok since I never had water running through those lines?
Regardless if you've ran a washer the lines will be filled with water up to the valves.
At this point the easiest solution may be to carefully open both valves & leave them open so if they do freeze there's room for expansion, just make a note placed somewhere obvious that the valves are open come spring when you dewinterize.
Or open the valves & pump more AF up through those into a bucket then close them.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:21 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

I assume you opened your low point drains when you winterized? If so, and yours is similar to mine, those water lines could possibly drain when you did that depending on the angle of the trailer as it sat. Looking at mine as they go through the pass through and into the underbelly it appears they would drain if the nose was up slightly. That won't help you now though.

There will probably be some water in the lines even if you drained - and when you drain open your faucets to expedite the process. If your washer lines look like they might have drained pretty well just open the faucets and place something under them in the event some water freezes and pushes out. You could attach a small length of hose to each one and place in a bucket. Force some anti freeze into the lines going back through the faucets themselves or worst case, just do it all again and blow out those washer lines and run AF up through them the 2nd go round.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:56 AM   #5
Mr. Rusty

I had the same situation with my 330rl since I never used the laundry either. When I winterized it I opened the low water drains then blew out the lines with compressed air. The laundry valves were the last ones I opened and I only got a few drops of water out of them. I then pumped antifreeze through the system, with RV antifreeze being so inexpensive and since it is so easy to pump it through I would rather be safe than sorry.
2022 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Mr. Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize