Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2022, 03:32 PM   #1
steve james

awning trouble shoot

2019 keystone 1/2 ton cougar 22rbswe . i'm haveing problems with my solara awning . useing in command sometimes my awning will extend or not and the same with retracting. this last time it wouldn't retract so i opened my in command box cover located in the front trunk and could hear a clicking noise but couldnt pin point it exactly, then i tried it again and it worked ? i did replace the 2032 battery because of age could that have anything to do with the awning ? didn't use the awning this whole trip due to worried it wouldn't retract. yes i do know about the manual way to close the awning by the bolt head in the awning motor , thank you for any input you might have
steve james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 03:36 PM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve james View Post
2019 keystone 1/2 ton cougar 22rbswe . i'm haveing problems with my solara awning . useing in command sometimes my awning will extend or not and the same with retracting. this last time it wouldn't retract so i opened my in command box cover located in the front trunk and could hear a clicking noise but couldnt pin point it exactly, then i tried it again and it worked ? i did replace the 2032 battery because of age could that have anything to do with the awning ? didn't use the awning this whole trip due to worried it wouldn't retract. yes i do know about the manual way to close the awning by the bolt head in the awning motor , thank you for any input you might have
are you using the app or the in·command touchscreen?
Old 09-20-2022, 05:25 PM   #3
mikec557

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve james View Post
I used to get this issue (sold the TT). Oddly enough, a "lock" feature would get activated for no known reason. On ours, there was a membrane switch on the base of the arm closest to the front of the trailer. I think I recall it having a green led light. Take a look there and see if you have that. If so, press the unlock button.

I have no idea why or what activated the "feature".
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 06:52 PM   #4
steve james

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
are you using the app or the in·command touchscreen?
hi jasin1, thank you for responding I was useing the touch screen. i had my wife try and close the awning while i was looking at the in command in the front trunk and could hear a clicking noise on the panel but couldn't determine whear it was coming from ?
steve james is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning