Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2022, 03:01 PM   #1
flugelboneman

Key tv

Just acquired pre owned 2019 Cougar 27RES. Very pleased overall, EXCEPT previous owner disconnected all the Key TV connects and the plate was lying in the little compartment next to the left tail lite. We replaced the tv with a new Samsung. Now the trick is to align all the coax cables. First, from what I am reading the antenna booster is always on, but senses when you are connected to cable and does not interfere. I think I can figure out the color coded coax cables. Also from what I read, the system senses whatever signal you are using. My one mystery is there is a black coax cable for antenna, and a place to connect incoming coax to the tv, but I can only find the cable/satellite option coming into the coach on the wall. Should there not be a coax cable that hooks into the antenna connection on the tv. This has been quite a maze, so would welcome any help.
flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 03:39 PM   #2
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by flugelboneman View Post
Just acquired pre owned 2019 Cougar 27RES. Very pleased overall, EXCEPT previous owner disconnected all the Key TV connects and the plate was lying in the little compartment next to the left tail lite. We replaced the tv with a new Samsung. Now the trick is to align all the coax cables. First, from what I am reading the antenna booster is always on, but senses when you are connected to cable and does not interfere. I think I can figure out the color coded coax cables. Also from what I read, the system senses whatever signal you are using. My one mystery is there is a black coax cable for antenna, and a place to connect incoming coax to the tv, but I can only find the cable/satellite option coming into the coach on the wall. Should there not be a coax cable that hooks into the antenna connection on the tv. This has been quite a maze, so would welcome any help.

I believe the setup is as follows:

The black cable at KeyTV module location goes to 'ANT' port. All the color coded cables go from the KeyTV module to the back (in the wall) side of jacks at the various device locations (TV1, TV2 etc). You will then connect a (user supplied) coax patch cable from the coax connection on the front (exposed) side of the wall jacks to the TV.

As an FYI, mine were misrouted....TV1 was plugged into my stereo/DVD, TV2 was somewhere else etc. I realized the issue when I started pulling the jacks away from the wall when things weren't working out. Just a heads up in case you run into issues.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 08:29 AM   #3
flugelboneman

Thx for good info. You mentioned the black coax goes from key tv module to ANT port. Could you describe where this Ant Port is? On wall behind TV there is a box with two coax connections: without looking, because I dont have close access to RV, this wall connect has two coax connects: Satellite and Cable. I use the "Cable" connect to go to a cable box, which I own, then into the TV which gives me cable. What I cant figure out is where this black coax for antenna goes from the Key module. Really appreciate ur help.
Old 09-15-2022, 08:46 AM   #4
markcee

If I'm incorrect, I'm sure someone else will jump in, but here goes:

Pretty certain the black coax goes from the port labeled 'ANT' on the KeyTV module to the RVs rooftop antenna.

All color coded cables go to the interior (inside the wall) side of the wall plates for their respective device.

Connect your coax from cable connection at park pedestal to the 'Cable' port on the KeyTV module.

A patch cable from the TVs coax port goes to the external (outside the wall) side of the wall plate located at that device.

Don't know about using a 'cable box'. Once the above connections are made you will set your TV to antenna source 'cable' and perform a channel scan. It should pick up all the cable channels provided by the park.

Same scan process is done if no cable is available at the park, except you will set your antenna source to scan for 'air' or 'OTA' (over the air), instead of cable.

Here's a link on the product as well:

http://youtu.be/8wc70yT5Ne4
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 01:21 PM   #5
flugelboneman

Sorry if I confused you when I mentioned "Cable Box". Its a local system we now have to use to access our Shaw TV provider. The Cable Box uses the exact same access that you use on the cable hookup that is provided on the post at your RV site. Disregard the term cable box. I hook up the coax cable tv connect to the coax access on the post at the site. From there I take the coax and hook it into the key tv connect that says "Cable". Once that is done, I just turn on my TV, scan for stations and Bob's Yer Uncle. That part I have no prob with. Where I start to become confused is how I connect my tv to use the antenna. Does the Key tv system know when i am using cable and when I am using the antenna? In the past I would have to hook up on my tv where it says antenna. Hope I am making sense here, cause I'm losing it.
Old 09-15-2022, 01:38 PM   #6
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flugelboneman View Post
Sorry if I confused you when I mentioned "Cable Box". Its a local system we now have to use to access our Shaw TV provider. The Cable Box uses the exact same access that you use on the cable hookup that is provided on the post at your RV site. Disregard the term cable box. I hook up the coax cable tv connect to the coax access on the post at the site. From there I take the coax and hook it into the key tv connect that says "Cable". Once that is done, I just turn on my TV, scan for stations and Bob's Yer Uncle. That part I have no prob with. Where I start to become confused is how I connect my tv to use the antenna. Does the Key tv system know when i am using cable and when I am using the antenna? In the past I would have to hook up on my tv where it says antenna. Hope I am making sense here, cause I'm losing it.
you should be going to your actual tv setup menu…you choose between scan for cable or scan for ota
Old 09-16-2022, 03:24 AM   #7
pasayten

Gave our Key TV away and got a Samsung... Better smart TV and sound... You also get the free built in Samsung TV channels when wifi is present. :-)

2022 GMC 2500HD Sierra Denali Crew Cab Gas
2021 Cougar R26RBS
pasayten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 05:11 AM   #8
flugelboneman

You know it. Exactly what I did.
Old 09-16-2022, 08:08 AM   #9
flugelboneman

Key TV

One more question before I check myself in to Hotel Silly: Could it be that I am underestimating the "smartness" of the Key TV system? Once I have all the cables hooked in to the system, is it possible that Key TV knows exactly what I want. In other words with everything hooked up, if I want antenna TV, I go to my TV, select antenna and Key TV will do the rest. If I am hooked into cable, I go to my TV, select cable and Key tv will do the rest. Please tell me this is the case and I will go to my room.
Old 09-16-2022, 08:26 AM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Have you reviewed this?

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...EqtsPi5i7cA_37
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 08:42 AM   #11
flugelboneman

nO i HAVE not reviewed it. THX Ever so much Dan for enlightening me. I will read every word.